Baseball History

Any baseball fans still post here?

Witnessed some history tonight as Nelson Cruz hit the first ever walkoff grandslam in postseason history. (no one stopped him rounding the bases)

It was a hell of a game with a lot of ups and downs for whatever side you were rooting for. It has been a great year and a half to be a Rangers' fan.

What's a walkoff grandslam and what makes it so significant? (Asking out of genuine curiosity and not to be a dick.)

A grand slam is a home run with the bases loaded, which is just an exciting play to watch, and a walk-off is when the home team wins the game while up to bat, so literally, the batter hits the ball and the team instantly walks off victorious.

A walk-off grand slam is what you get when you combine the two. In extra innings, Nelson Cruz hit a home run with the bases loaded to win the Rangers the game in the postseason.

In reality, besides it being an incredibly rare occurrence. you could say it has zero significance outside of the "I don't remember the last time my adrenaline was rushing this much" factor.

http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/mlb/gameda ... mode=video

For the video

Ahh gotcha! Well thanks for explaining :). I knew what a grandslam was but had no idea about the walkoff. Thanks for that :)

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
Cardinals stomping the Brewers right now 11 to 3, go cards...it isn't even their year and they put the phillies out (f*** philly) and the brewers are next. Battles of the beer!

And on the subject of grand slams, anyone recall the 2 grand slams in one inning never-to-be-broken-record set by Fernando Tatis for the cards years ago?

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/boxscore/04231999.shtml

I remember that very vividly actually, I was always a fan of Tatis because of his time with the Rangers.

Longo, screw the Tigers. They are just another victim for my Rangers, as will be the Cardinals.

Texas, HAH. we are the worst team to make it this year, and we already finished off the phillys, considered the best.

Rangers ain't got nothin'

I don't understand the enjoyment from watching baseball. Yes, there is skill required to throw a ball crazy fast and a specific way. Also, hitting said ball would be nuts hard to do .. but I see more skill in golf than I do in baseball and they're both crazy boring to watch!

Plus, NHL is back baby yeah!

Daddio said:
I don't understand the enjoyment from watching baseball. Yes, there is skill required to throw a ball crazy fast and a specific way. Also, hitting said ball would be nuts hard to do .. but I see more skill in golf than I do in baseball and they're both crazy boring to watch!!

SO yo say this.

Plus, NHL is back baby yeah

And then you say that.

Hockey more complex than baseball? that's a game even Canadians can manage to figure out.

Suck it brewers, budwiser is better*

Cardinals vs. Texans. Remember that rooting for the texans is rooting for BUSH instead of Busch!

gw.jpg

*bud and miller are shit

Dammit, the two teams I didn't want to win won.

Oh well. Giants won last year. And, hell, this season has been far less exciting than last years.

Hell, the games last year came down to one or two runs. These constant blowouts are SO TERRIBLE.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod