Article comments

Just as I hit reply, I just saw the all-clear sign pop up from our glorious tech extraordinaire, Dex, who alerted me that commenting is back in business.

Still, take this as a heads up that things may be changing slightly soon.

Anthony_Severino said:
I'm sure many of you have used Disqus before, but you'll of course have the option to continue to just use your GR account. Forum accounts will be unaffected.

It'll give us great control of things, like the banning or removing of troll or parody accounts, such as the emergence of BigTruckSeries knock-offs, which admittedly, were hilarious at first, but are tipping toward being extremely annoying due to the sheer number of them and how often they rear their heads.
Just like PSLS, eh Sev?

Bingo. Ever since we implemented that over there, we've had much better control over users, and we've seen an increase in comments from both regular users as well as passer-bys. Very easy to use, and much more social.

We talked about bringing it here a while back, even before it was tested on PSLS, and we weren't sure that the GR community would respond well to all of the single sign-in options like Facebook, etc. But it turns out that we can actually merge GR accounts to Disqus, so you won't have to use social logins at all (unless you wanted to). You would be able to use a Disqus account, should you choose, or continue using your GR account.

I don't know all the final details, but it's coming and it make commenting on GR a much better experience. Also, reaction gifs, links and images will be added to commenting. Lots of good things.

Community first.

UghRochester said:
Anthony_Severino said:
I'm sure many of you have used Disqus before, but you'll of course have the option to continue to just use your GR account. Forum accounts will be unaffected.

It'll give us great control of things, like the banning or removing of troll or parody accounts, such as the emergence of BigTruckSeries knock-offs, which admittedly, were hilarious at first, but are tipping toward being extremely annoying due to the sheer number of them and how often they rear their heads.
Just like PSLS, eh Sev?

Sounds great. I'm glad you considered the option merging of GR accounts. There are people like De-Ting and Chris_Crime that doesn't want to be identified.

Weak, I posted it here in GRmasters first and they tell me to keep it in thedarkstars forum post. They had to move his here because he was wrong in who to report too. Now he gets the credit. It's like I'm taking craAazzzzy pills.
WEAK!!!!!

friggest said:
Weak, I posted it here in GRmasters first and they tell me to keep it in thedarkstars forum post. They had to move his here because he was wrong in who to report too. Now he gets the credit. It's like I'm taking craAazzzzy pills.
WEAK!!!!!
Don't worry, I only have enough money to send one of you kids to college and it's definitely going to be you.

I think the GR buck is like one of those practical jokes where you say "Here's 10 bucks" and then you knee them in the rear ten times.

Anthony_Severino said:
It even got me. How dare our commenting system call me spam?

I can feel the outrage radiating from my screen.

Anthony_Severino said:
Oh well, we've got the best of our tech staff on it right now. Normal commenting should resume shortly.

post-21790-We-have-top-men-working-on-it-Xslz.gif

I missed this whole thing. Just trying to make some funnies.

friggest said:
WEAK!!!!!

This is an outrage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod