Are you afraid of heights?

Imagine this: if you fell from the top, it would take around ten whole seconds before you hit the ground. Plenty of time to contemplate the end of your life.

DocMoc said:
Imagine this: if you fell from the top, it would take around ten whole seconds before you hit the ground. Plenty of time to contemplate the end of your life.

yea thats just enough time for me to rub one out before i die.

i used to be afraid of heights. but then one day, my work had me climb into a sky jack, and those things shake all over, ever since then, i got over my fear of heights.

De-Ting said:
You've been in the US, madster? ...I need a better place to hide.

I want to go skydiving.
Twice now, possibly going back over for a 3rd time at some point next year.

DocMoc said:
A little bit more if you if you factor in acceleration and you actively try to slow yourself down.

~11 seconds is long enough to quickly text 'CRSE ZOIDBRG' and send it to everyone on your contacts list, right?
If so, i'm fine with that death.

Trippysmurf said:
I hate artificial heights. I have friends that will live on the 20+ story of a building and I won't go near their balcony.

But I'm fine on a mountain. That mountain hasn't gone anywhere during humanities reign, it sure as hell won't move while I'm on it.

I'm 100% with you on that, when I was a kid I even got nervous going over bridges, simply because it was human constructed. That's also the scariest part of a rollercoaster for me, or any other ride ... I don't trust the construction! Always that 'what if' factor I guess.

madster111 said:
DocMoc said:
A little bit more if you if you factor in acceleration and you actively try to slow yourself down.

That's why I said, "around".

How awful would that be? Ten seconds to come to grip with your death. And what would be the point of trying to slow that ride down? With ten seconds and some calm nerves though, you might be able to use your tool tote to grapple the pole.

I used to be crazy afriad of heights but i slowly got over my fears. First at the cn tower in toronto, then at the sears tower in chicago.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod