Are you afraid of heights?

My God, how do those guys possibly walk straight with their 50kg balls?

On topic, i am a little afraid of anything over 5m. I absolutely hate commercial airplanes but mostly because i keep having thought of 'what if they forgot the flaps?'

I hate artificial heights. I have friends that will live on the 20+ story of a building and I won't go near their balcony.

But I'm fine on a mountain. That mountain hasn't gone anywhere during humanities reign, it sure as hell won't move while I'm on it.

Trippysmurf said:
I hate artificial heights. I have friends that will live on the 20+ story of a building and I won't go near their balcony.

But I'm fine on a mountain. That mountain hasn't gone anywhere during humanities reign, it sure as hell won't move while I'm on it.

Depends on where you are. earthquake, or, say, the top blowing off (volcano!) can move mountains.

That job would be awesome. Sure it's scary but the feeling you get when you can see for fifty miles is like nothing else.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
Trippysmurf said:

Depends on where you are. earthquake, or, say, the top blowing off (volcano!) can move mountains.

Volcanoes are a myth, just like snow and eskimos.

Not to sound full of myself (I'm a total pussy when it comes to most things) but I am remarkably cool with heights. I've worked on roofs and scaffolds and cranes a lot and I've never been bothered in the least. I understand how someone could have fear or anxiety, but I never do.

The only thing keeping me from climbing that guided tower is me being incredibly out of shape. That would take me three days.

I'm not really too afraid of heights unless said height is swaying like a scaffolding or something. But I can usually stand along a cliff or the edge of a roof no problem.

Now that tower on the other hand...FUCK THAT...Unless I was harnessed in, which it doesn't look like those guys are.

I'm pretty good with heights, I worked in a cherry picker and scissor lift a summer and that cured any remaining fear of heights. There's nothing as bad as a huge gust going by and the basket just swaying for a couple of minutes. Still, that is awful high, at least when I go rock climbing we're anchored at some point. I'll take several feet and rockface over a ton of feet and ground anyday.

Haha! How pissed off would you be if you forgot something.

I'm in the middle. I like being high up, just not near the edge. I actually love high places.

Yeah I get a bit antsy with heights.

Dont know my limits, but lets just say I don't feel stable on the top step of a ladder.

I would imagine that the tower is like the super-duper, you're-insane version of climbing a firetruck ladder that's just pointed up into the air. Yeesh! One of the hardest experiences to push through, but at least I wasn't the guy who threw up/pissed himself.

That's a bit insane. I reckon I'd be fine until about half way when he's climbing next to the red pole then it just gets a bit too real.

De-Ting said:
It's all conditional. I've rode some of the tallest roller coasters in the world, but I'd likely turn into a chick wuss trying to climb that tower. I've done mountain climbing, but something about a retardely tall tower with minimal concern for safety puts me a little on edge.
I'm not sure roller coasters count, because i've been on the 2nd and 3rd tallest ones according to that list without any real problems. The 2nd one on that list in QLD i've actually been on like 3 times now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod