Prop 19

Icepick said:
Shaft hit the nail on the head, the legalization is not going to be a miracle cure for Cali's financial woes, but the extra revenue could have done some good at least

The fact it failed to pass does honestly confuse me, I think the issue is the average voter is a bit older (especially given that youth voting was apparently down 18%) and still has the "reefer madness" propaganda stuck in their head. It makes no sense to have alcohol legal and marijuana as a criminal offense, outlaw both or let both be consumed

Basically they should wait a decade for the older voters to die off, then have another go.

Rakon said:
I think if this proposition is re-introduced in a few years it has a better chance at passing. Maybe not in 2012, but perhaps next midterm elections.

Ain't no pot legalization measures gonna pass in no midterm election. Polling places be crawlin' with rich old white people in years divisible by 2 but not 4. You gotta wait for the presidential elections, the only elections that can get the college students and minorities off they asses.

WickedLiquid said:
LOL, that'll be hilarious when the elderly are all hippies from the 60's.

Dude, 1960 was 50 years ago. Hippies are elderly.

but people are living longer and longer, if you factor out death by guns and car accidents (across the board) we're in the top ten for living the longest.

keepithowitis said:
Actually, the current generation is the first one in a long time to have a shorter lifespan than their parents.
That's right, and unfortunatly, the U.S is 38th on the world list in life expectancy :cry: F*** you japan! Why must you live the longest!

Wait... does that mean that one day, we will not have WW2 veterans anywhere anymore... And we will have to rely on japan's testimony for historical accuracy? :shock: Uh ho...

Lien said:
keepithowitis said:
Actually, the current generation is the first one in a long time to have a shorter lifespan than their parents.
That's right, and unfortunatly, the U.S is 38th on the world list in life expectancy :cry: F*** you japan! Why must you live the longest!

Wait... does that mean that one day, we will not have WW2 veterans anywhere anymore... And we will have to rely on japan's testimony for historical accuracy? :shock: Uh ho...

Meh, again, it doesn't mean anything. We're only that bad because we suck at driving and shoot each other more often.

If we didn't have Michigan drivers, we'd be 1st. Swear to god.

I like how we're the 5th on that list yet we live in Australia.

We can't walk 1km down the road without facing off at least 1 species of animal that can easily destory us without any sort of effort.

Lien said:
keepithowitis said:

LOL, I think there are far too many movies on WWII for the Japanese elders to rewrite history.

That's crazy though, isn't it typical for a Japanese man to work 60 hours a week as opposed to the 40 hrs in US/Can? I know school runs until 6pm and they even have half days on Saturday! Man, that's crazy. Yet they don't burn out and just keep going and end up living the longest? Wow.

Glad to see Canada is tied at...8th? Even though there is no 7th. And Italy jumps to 12 without there being a 9-11th.... Weird.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
Lien said:
keepithowitis said:

Meh, again, it doesn't mean anything. We're only that bad because we suck at driving and shoot each other more often.

If we didn't have Michigan drivers, we'd be 1st. Swear to god.

actually it has nothing to do with that and everything to do with diet and other bad habits.

look at diet in japan, it's no wonder they live the longest. fish and rice.

obesity isn't much of an issue in all these other countries. obesity is why the US is so low on the list.

imagine how high the US life expectancy would be if people took care of themselves and ate right. didn't make it a necessity to go out and murder their liver every weekend. etc. etc.same with Canada.

Japanese live the longest because of a few factors (according to a video I watched on it in class a while ago):
- Healthy food (fish, rice, the occasional mcdonalds but even that is a little healthier over there)
- Very small risk of cancer (I don't remember the percentage risk of cancer there but it was in the low single digits)
- Rarely any natural disasters, and no terrorism
- Incredible health care plan (super cheap, like, surgery for the equivalent of a couple hundred dollars, you can get treated for whatever you want, I don't remember more specifics but it kicks ass)

plus, everyone there is so happy!! xD ^____^

WickedLiquid said:
What I'd like to know is where the hell do the Japanese kids find time to play video games?
Seeing how their video games butcher Greek mythology, American history, The hundred years war, the romance of the three kingdom and basic logic to that matter, I'll say they had to sacrifice their education to find time to make those things

But back on topic, Could someone please tell me this dude got elected on november 2

keepithowitis said:
- Very small risk of cancer (I don't remember the percentage risk of cancer there but it was

Outside of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, probably don't count those in the statistics, it would skew everything.

keepithowitis said:
Japanese live the longest because of a few factors (according to a video I watched on it in class a while ago):
- Healthy food (fish, rice, the occasional mcdonalds but even that is a little healthier over there)
- Very small risk of cancer (I don't remember the percentage risk of cancer there but it was in the low single digits)
- Rarely any natural disasters, and no terrorism
- Incredible health care plan (super cheap, like, surgery for the equivalent of a couple hundred dollars, you can get treated for whatever you want, I don't remember more specifics but it kicks ass)

plus, everyone there is so happy!! xD ^____^

The diet and cancer ones go hand in hand.

In canada we have surgery for free and no natural disasters. We just have a terrible diet and habits. + high cancer rates as a direct result of those bad habits.

I watched chef abroad on food network and the hamburgers at mcdonalds had burgers made with like real decent cuts of meat and like steamed rice buns and such. Was very strange, but even that is healthier.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fargoman