|OT| Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The problem is, if you read some of the things the developers have been doing, it's very worrying.

It's been developed for the 360, ported to the PC and PS3, the lead designed calls CoD a 'hardcore game with RPG elements', they've chopped out a bunch of skills, they've cut the amount of armor you can wear, so top and bottom pieces are the same, they've spat at their own lore in the face, etc.

Honestly, i don't know what to think anymore. It's an Elder Scrolls game, so it's got to be good, but if you compare the amount of content all the way back in Morrowind with it, it's like they've cut out half the game just to make shiny graphics.

I'm very cautious with liking it now. Not gonna be disappointed like i was with GT5 again. Not gonna buy it the day it launches on a system that it wasn't developed for.

I've come to a point where I feel like games are practically guaranteed to be good if they've got the right stuff going for them. You all make it sound like Skyrim will be bad. It won't be bad. You're all a bunch of negative necromancers.

The thing is, Daniel, if you put your expectations a little too high then you'd be disappointed if the game isn't as great as it should be. Me, I'm just setting my expectation low so that when I play the game I'd be surprise if it's decent or be delighted if it's very good.

Like when I played New Vegas, I honestly thought it was going to be like Fallout 3 but set in the Mojave and be filled with bugs. But when I actually played it, it was a much better experience than Fallout 3.

cyberjim2000 said:
Like when I played New Vegas, I honestly thought it was going to be like Fallout 3 but set in the Mojave and be filled with bugs. But when I actually played it, it was a much better experience than Fallout 3.

:shock: Are you sure about that!?

I had huge expectations for L.A. Noire and ended up not living up to anything. Really repetitive, still good though. I'd like to get back to it one day. Anywho..

cyberjim2000 said:
Me, I'm just setting my expectation low so that when I play the game I'd be surprise if it's decent or be delighted if it's very good.

This is one of those mental tricks people play on themselves that I never bother with. I'm not saying it's dumb, and I'm not saying that I never get surprised or disappointed, because duh. But I never purposefully try to have negative thoughts toward something just so that I'll like it more in the end. This just seems counter-intuitive. I just think what I think about something, and if it turns out to be better or worse then so be it.

CloacalKiss said:
cyberjim2000 said:

I had huge expectations for L.A. Noire and ended up not living up to anything. Really repetitive, still good though. I'd like to get back to it one day. Anywho..

the man speaks the truth. NV is much much better than 3. Thank you Obsidian.

Although i share your sentiments on L.A. Noire. Shit was boring and repetitive beyond belief.

I concur with New Vegas being better. Not much changed if you think about it. And I spent ages hyping up what New Vegas would be like, I was excited!

Plus, I love that mission with the solar panels. OH and the fucking rocket mission where you can kill or send people to the moon *o*

CloacalKiss said:
cyberjim2000 said:

Sure about what?

Used: I'm not saying think negatively towards the game before you started playing it. I'm saying maybe you shouldn't go into a game in the beginning thinking "game of the year, right here".

I love Bethesda games. I've enjoyed each one for its own charms and hated each one for its numerous bugs. They've never been my most favorite games though. I have high hopes for Skyrim, and my only fear for it is of it becoming a first-person Gauntlet.

I absolutely love this.
EDIT: SORRY IT'S SO BIG!
T83AK.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133