|OT| Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

CloacalKiss

Rookie
elderscrolls_skyrim.png

elder_scrolls_v_skyrim_screenshots-9.jpg

elder_scrolls_v_skyrim_screenshots-19.jpg

elder_scrolls_v_skyrim_screenshots-2.jpg

Definitely going to be one of the best games of the year in my books. The new level system, the way you can become whatever you want (mage, warrior, rogue, etc.) without actually choosing on a menu is going to be amazing.

Going to be torrenting it first, because it's very likely going to a buggy heap of shit on PC (being PORTED to the damn PC. An Elder scrolls game. Fucking hell) for a while until 2x official patches and the unofficial patch is released, which should fix it and make it cheaper for me to buy by then.

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

CloacalKiss said:
Definitely going to be one of the best games of the year in my books. The new level system, the way you can become whatever you want (mage, warrior, rogue, etc.) without actually choosing on a menu is going to be amazing.

Couldn't you do that before with the other games? As I recall there's nothing stopping you from getting good with your non-primary skills. I'm looking forward to Skyrim but I hope they add in a court system like they did with Daggerfall if you get caught with a crime (but that will never happen). Like using "speechcraft" to lie your way out of the jail time or using logic to beat the system.

I'm excited to hear that everything doesn't level with you and that it will be more like Fallout and Morrowind in regards that higher level monsters/enemies will be in certain areas, and lower ones in others, etc. That's the one thing I thought Oblivion royally screwed up.

In Morrowind it took me forever to get glass armor or the few pieces of Daedric armor I found...and when you were like a level 10 you fucking ran like hell when a Daedra showed up.

In Oblivion the lowest of the low had glass and ebony and all the baller armor at like level 15. It was the most depressing thing ever about that game. I'm going about my business...oh look a regular bandit in all glass armor...he must be a miniboss...oh look theres 10 more....LAME

used44 said:
Go play Morrowind right now.
I don't know what it is. There's always been a hurdle between me and ES games I wasn't willing to jump over, but I'll do it for Skyrim. The game looks so pretty!

I am so apprehensive to this for some reason....something about Skyrim cannot make me excited for it, and I don't know why.

LinksOcarina said:
I am so apprehensive to this for some reason....something about Skyrim cannot make me excited for it, and I don't know why.
New engine? No more fugly characters? Too much awesome? Dragons are intimidating to you?

The fact that it's Bethesda is really what's keeping me from being excited. It'll be good, but really, it'll be like Oblivion and Fallout 3. Disappointing with a complete disregard to the lore.

Longo_2_guns said:
it'll be like Oblivion and Fallout 3. Disappointing with a complete disregard to the lore.

You are either 1. a complete monster or 2. joking around.

Hopefully you are a #2 type of guy.

Has anyone heard anything about preorder stuff? I usually go with the best option... which generally results in
1. whichever has bonus missions or quests or whatever
or
2. amazon pays me $20 to order from them

I dunno what the pre-order bonus is but I got drunk and pre orderd it while at gamestop buyiing animal crossing city folk. The guy was simply a good salesmen + I was inebriated. Bad combo.

CloacalKiss said:
Longo_2_guns said:
it'll be like Oblivion and Fallout 3. Disappointing with a complete disregard to the lore.

You left out the part where I said they were good, but still, what I said was completely true. In relative terms to their predecessors, both Oblivion and Fallout 3 were disappointing, and both disregarded the lore when it was convenient to them.

Longo_2_guns said:
CloacalKiss said:
Longo_2_guns said:

You left out the part where I said they were good, but still, what I said was completely true. In relative terms to their predecessors, both Oblivion and Fallout 3 were disappointing, and both disregarded the lore when it was convenient to them.

Oblivion I agree with...Fallout 3 I did like a lot...although it wore off really soon....

I'm excited to be starting it as it comes out.

Since I've only played my first Elder Scrolls game with Oblivion about 3 months ago, I'm psyched to discus findings with you guys in the new one :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod