GRumble 2011: Winners: Shaft, Modgasm, TheDiesel

UrbanMasque said:
...recount, every match - from every round. Thats the only way I will accept this loss.
I don't think I've ever seen you lose graciously, ever. Which is weird, because you lose a lot.

Longo_2_guns said:
The Modgasm triumphs once more. Are we the new Sexy2Some?

Probably not.

WE know we are.

Let's FUCK! (South Park Saddam)

That's 2 years in a row....getting kinda easy you guys. You've all been modgasmed in the face!....Enjoy.

congrats shaft yr my best friend

Also, I must say, great show by Green_Lantern and I. Undefeated until the semi-finals.

lolololol.

I can't believe I won. I guess that means either y'all wanted me to, or y'all forgot I was here.

I'll take either really.

So I'm starting to get everything together for you all, but I wanted to know what your feelings were on this year's GRumble. There are some definite positives and negatives that I gleaned from the process, but I want your feedback since it's whole existence is to entertain all of us and not just provide something for me to do.

Be gentle.

Ill be honest, I felt the leagues were kinda pointless. But only because so many went through. Maybe make it a top 2 only go through?

But it was a very refreshing change from brackets. So very nice work.
I liked the Grind, but I didnt really care haflway through, so I dont know how you can make that more exciting? Maybe add Mafia-style "power-ups", like make one guy invulnerable for a night or something. I dunno - I'll leave it to you guys, you're the pros haha!

Overall, fucking ace bro! Let a mod know when you want it to be moved to the well-deserved archive spot!

I pretty much concur with what Matty said. The GRind was a neat idea but it becomes a crapshoot because whoever gets the first vote is out.

I suggest we do PM's for that next time....

Eh, GRind was a novel idea but in the end didn't work. And the league way really changed things. But whatever, it was still good.

Negatives... hmmm. I never signed up for Singles but was entered anyhow. Other than that, not much. It lasted a little too long for my liking, but that's not much to complain about.
Well done.

Positives?... errrr. I may be the only one who liked I liked the idea of having a thread dedicated to promoting your team, but that thread is on the bottom of page 2 by now. If you can integrate these two threads into one it'd be great.

GRumble 2011 was excellent!
.......Even though I never agreed to enter, and never agreed to be Kapow's partner. Seriously. What.

I quite liked the GRind, although, as Links said, first vote seemed to call it. That's one of the consequences of public voting, but I don't think that it's necessary to move it to PM, since that would kinda kill the atmosphere. I enjoyed that there were scenarios to base your choice off of, and enabling people to motivate/defend decisions makes it more exciting than just vote vote vote. This might also help somewhat with voting out the first guy called for GRind, although the only way to do it without making it too elaborate would be just on the fly, I guess, which makes timing an issue. *shrugs*

I'm going to re-state my suggestion for tie-breakers, too. There are a lot of opportunities for twists with that. No suggestions from me on how to do it. :p

The use of groups was interesting, but I don't know if I liked it or not. I mean, I don't have a strong reason to either like or dislike it. I thought it worked out well, considering the number of players.

Finally, for doubles, more use of/interest in the promotions thread would've made it cooler, I think. Give your team more character!

DocMoc, you asked for it, so here you go!

GRumble Singles Rankings
Actual rankings are hard to do, seeing as we don't have a runner's up bracket. Not to mention, your votes for are usually directly related to the awesomeness of your opponent (so there's that). Also, the first 16 are ranked into different slots and ordered by their total votes for in the tournament. The league left-overs have their total votes during league. Same applies to Doubles.
1. Shaft (41)
2. LinksOcarina
3-4 (tied). Green_Lantern (27 votes), Longo_2_guns (25 votes)
5-8 (tied). Bretimus_v2 (22), UrbanMasque (19), Chris_Crime (17), DocMoc (11)
9-16 (tied). WickedLiquid (8), HK-47 (7), Used44 (7), MattAY (6), Gunner37 (5), UghRochester (5), Eyebrowsbv31 (4), Kapow (4)
17-24 (tied). De-Ting (31), Rakon (31), Schimmel (30), TheDiesel (27),Sightless (25), electricthunder (22), Tyrranis (21), Mod-Chip (20)

GRumble Doubles Rankings
1. The Modgasm (28)
2. Strong Johns (24)
3-4 (tied). The Fighting Mongooses (15), Can You Dig It? (14)
5-8 (tied). Hank & Dean (8), Team Hong Kong Phooey & Scatman Crothers (8), The Wicked HK (7), Team Awkward (6)
9-10 (tied). Team KAPW Delivers (28), BURTBROS (19)

The GRind
This is basically how it all went down, accompanied by the number of votes to boot the individual.
Mod-Chip 1t (6), Sightless 1t (6)
UghRochester 2 (10)
Gunner37 3 (8)
electricthunder 4 (7)
Longo_2_guns 5 (8)
LinksOcarina 6 (10)
MattAY 7 (11)
Lethean 8 (4) - smallest vote out
De-Ting 9 (8)
Green_Lantern 10t (4), Kapow 10t (4)
Schimmel 11 (7)
Eyebrowsbv31 12 (10)