Your artistic endeavours

Thanks used44 and keepithowitis, I'm glad you liked my shadow drawing.

Nice Photoshops by the way, letusprey. Love the redness in 'em. :)

Tonight I was bored and decided to go back to how I used to draw back in the day when I first got Adobe Photoshop CS2 and my graphics tablet.

Guntherconcept.jpg

I tried to be smooth with the line art, but the colours I blended together using the smudge tool. I was trying to make it look very comical (like, a proper comic). This is a character concept for my hopeful comic "XVII", the character is a middle aged African American man named "Anthony Gunther". As you can see he's got a cane in his hand and his left trouser leg looks different, this is to represent that he's got a sort of prosthetic leg under there.

The appearance of the character is inspired by various things. The character Link (from the Matrix: Reloaded), the older version of Static Shock as seen in the various DC animated shows and a touch of Malcolm from Firefly/Serenity (the brown coat is a bit too obvious I guess).

I realise it's not very good... it turned out much worse than I had originally hoped for but hey, I hope you all like it.

^ Thanks Sodbuster, I'm glad you like it. :)

I finished another drawing tonight, again yet another character concept for my planned/hopeful "XVII" comic. This time the concept is of the main character, so I have dubbed "Winston Sebastian".

XVII-MainCharacter.jpg

Again I used black line art to make the piece look more comical/comicy but I blended the colours to kinda keep to my own style in regards to colouring. As for the blue firey stuff, that is supposed to be some kinda magical energy blade thing coming out of his gauntlet hand, an energy sword basically, it's supposed to be like a "trademark" so to speak and yeah... I realise this is similar to Raziel in the Soul Reaver series. >_<

Hope you all like regardless.

So, I decided to make myself and my coworkers some windows for our dark, windowless office... this is one of them:
window.jpg

It's a picture of it since they are all 22 x 28 inches and wouldn't fit on any scanner I would have access to. :p

^ Ha ha, that's a nice idea. This might sound a bit weird but the concept behind it reminds me of the first live action Resident Evil movie, how the Umbrella underground hive thing has those fake windows for the office workers, to give them the feeling of being in a normal environment rather than underground.

The drawings are simple but they're nice, and I think the simplicity is what makes them appealing. I'm also impressed at the size of the drawings. I've done my share of big drawings and they were hard for me.

Since this has been resurrected, I might as well contribute something.

Shadow People
Everyday that I survive,
Makes the next seem so alive.
I need to see the light of day,
To make it known it's all okay.

These shadows know what makes me tick.
They wait and watch and make me sick.
So come on out and show your face.
I see you drift throughout this place.

These ghosts in me just won't let go.
They push and pull and never quit.
They make my mind sway to and fro.
They scream and shout and throw a fit.

Begone you devils!
I need you not.
You cause my soul a great dishevel.
Plus you don't make me feel so hot.

I freakin' suck at drawing... but I've been playing guitar for almost 11 years... I'm not in a band, but I've played a couple ska-shows with some friends of mine, without much success of a following so anyway, back to the point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt4sASSVcRc

That's me, on youtube... playing along with Mustard Plug's "Safe". If the audio is kinda crappy, I'm sorry... digi-cam's suck sometimes when it comes to recording guitars. :p

Just some drawings I've done.

The first one is a character from my manga idea

psyche.jpg

52289952.jpg

skatekid.jpg

002001.jpg

those are pretty sick matt.

i'll have a couple paintings and a watercolor to post up later today when i get home.

I'm terrible at drawing, and seeing great drawings from others makes me so full of envy.

here are some photos.

Fishing.jpg

2f08c41d71d8e44f.jpg

Tourist-RestStop.jpg

Nice pics yorky. here's some stuff from me.

i'm sorry about the quality, my digital camera blows.

this one is a painting of some random mountains i did earlier this month. the mountains are actually textured with a gel, but you probably can't tell from the picture. it makes for a nice effect and gives it a bit more dimension.

P1020079.jpg

This one is a reproduction of a picture taken by the hubble space telescope. i cant remember exactly which nebula it is. I did it over the last couple weeks.

P1020083.jpg

This is a watercolor i did a few months ago of a water lily.

P1020084.jpg

i'm working on some new things right now, a pastel that i'm sure FTG will love, and a pastel/pencil thing for my mom for mother's day. god, i love my art classes.

NickKmet said:
i'm working on some new things right now, a pastel that i'm sure FTG will love,
I don't know what to expect...
Cool stuff guys. The photographs are really beautiful.
Thanks Ugh, for reviving this. Best topic on GR!

MattAY said:
Just some drawings I've done.

The first one is a character from my manga idea

psyche.jpg
Real men wear eyeliner. But it's good to see your drawing skills have gotten better. Those look way better than the drawing you did of me as a pirate not too long ago.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133