You Better Not Leave Us, Dan!

tumblr_lnhutcszw31qeq9h6o1_1280.gif

Does anyone else feel like GR is starting to come off as an unlovable step child? I mean how many countless step dads have we had to try and take care of the family? We've had involved, caring father figure attempts by dUKE and Dan, we've had cold disdain, such as crave, we even had the creepy, too touchy style of whoever the fuck thought the bikini cast was a good idea.

And all o f them give up on us. There's a few things we need to admit, Firstly, whoever our figurative mom is, she's a whore with poor taste in men. Secondly, we're probably the problem. Perhaps the reason there's a tight, close community here is because literally, no one else will take us, no one else CAN take us, so we bond by default. Perhaps all of you need to look deep within yourselves, and realize you're just a ginger-haired adolescent step child that no father can bond with, even after a couple trips to chuck-e cheese, and as a result they walk away, expecting in a few years to see your mugshot on the news for eating a small korean family.

Icepick said:
Firstly, whoever our figurative mom is, she's a whore with poor taste in men. Secondly, we're probably the problem.

niccagelaughing.gif

Icepick said:
Perhaps the reason there's a tight, close community here is because literally, no one else will take us, no one else CAN take us, so we bond by default. Perhaps all of you need to look deep within yourselves, and realize you're just a ginger-haired adolescent step child that no father can bond with, even after a couple trips to chuck-e cheese, and as a result they walk away, expecting in a few years to see your mugshot on the news for eating a small korean family.

*nods* Your gift, as always, is in your wording... I agree with this. But people, even GR staff, have lives, goals and career achievements they want to reach. They have to pursue the best they can - and if it isn't at GR, then so be it. Can't blame people for making those choices.

Back to the family analogy - What will happen to us if no one wants us Anymore? No one does the laundry, makes us dinner, and tells us bedtime stories? When dad (whoever that is) decides to close the door for good and kick us all out of the nest? Where will we go?

Its a bit sketch that no one has come in (even Dan himself) to say, no-no Dan is on Vacation or something. Where are our parental units?!?! Mods, do you know something?!?!

Of all the souls I've encountered on these boards, his was the most... human.
B9850iB.png

No
Well, I think this thread has driven all it can. Rest well Dan's GR Spirit. I only hope it is at peace with dUKE's

I do wonder, Did the other community leaders leave without saying goodbye? I am a little pissed he didn't even say he was moving on to other green pastures. Or was I fucked up and missed it?

I wouldn't be pissed at Dan or Duke. If both were let go from CraveOnline, I would upset at their executives. Specially when Duke is the founder of GR.

Dan was great with the community thought. When he first started out, he would spam the forums with news announcements. There was a chance for someone to gain some powers to post in the news thread. That didn't last though. Daniel's was the community manager for a while, which he did a great job chatting with us and even tried joining the GR Chatroom. It was when he raised up in GR becoming a editor where he didn't come here in the forums much, but he still posted here.

TL;DR Don't get mad at them, get mad at CraveOnline.

download.jpg

Dan kidnapped himself, man..

I guess we should just say goodbye to him? We all know how the big labowski ended.

But Dan, Dan... He was our man. It was foretold if he couldn't do it then "no one can."

What does this mean for GR, and for the man I once knew from Nantucket?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133