Xbox One vs. PS4

I'm happy with my PS4.

I wanted the more powerful of the big 2 consoles, and i got it. And now that the installed base leans in PS4's favor, it means the multi-platform titles of this generation will be made using PS4 dev kits > Xbox One's. Huge fucking win. It was the other way around last gen, and that hurt the PS3 severely in the amount of titles released, which led to a heavier push at GameStop to move 360 merch and hardware, and just all around prominence in pop culture.

PS4 is easier to develop for (win) and stronger (win) and was released first (win). All of this was the other way around last gen, and Microsoft easily won that round. I don't expect things to change, and I'm already calling it in Sony's favor.

But as Sourdeez stated, go where your friends are.

Also, neither camp has any must have exclusives, not in my opinion at least. The AAA titles are multi platform, so that era of must have exclusives is over, or exists only on Nintendo in some other parallel dimension where Nintendo still matters. Lovely IPs, that Nintendo. Fucked up everything else.

You gotta look to the future when it comes to purchasing a console, unless you are willing to wait a couple of years after it releases to choose one. It all comes down to the games. The PS2 was the weakest of the consoles available at the time, yet it had the best game lineup and thus dominated that generation. The system specs really should not be much of a consideration.

So, look at the upcoming exclusives for each console, or games that you would expect to show up eventually, even if they haven't been announced. For me, that says Playstation, as I am a fan of Uncharted, Infamous, God of War, Sly Cooper, Resistance and other franchises that have only been on Sony systems. The only exclusive for Xbox consoles that has ever really appealed to me is Crackdown, but I can live without it. I'm hopeful Sony will bring out more installments in these or more stand alone IP's like The Last of Us, Demon's Souls or Heavy Rain, all of which I really enjoyed. That's why I went with them.

Well, that and I won my PS4, but I would have picked one up eventually anyway :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133