WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
LegendsOfWrestleMania_-_WMIII.jpg

OMG muscles!

So this game has got a demo newly out and it's actually a hell of a lot of fun. Go try it, the download's not very long.

The game centers around the Wrestlemania event, obviously. In the demo you get to either play the Andre the Giant vs. Hulk Hogan match from like the mid-eighties or something or the Stone Cold vs. The Rock match from the.. late nineties? Anyway, for the latter match, you must play in the "Relive" mode. In that mode, you get to see a nifty video recap of the match, and the events leading up to it, then you must try to recreate the circumstances and the correct outcome of what really occurred. You get bonus points for completing little objectives within the game. For example, if you (as Stone Cold) put The Rock through the red table (just like in the real-life video!) you get a score. I guess this will all mean something in the full retail version. It should add a lot of replayabilty and challenge as you go for that perfectly recreated match.

The controls are REALLY simple too. Kind of too simple, but oh well. You're never really sure which grapple or kick you're doing but it doesn't seem to matter because there is no deep fatigue or limb injury system like there is in Fight Night Round 3 or in Fire Pro Wrestling, for example. You just try to fill your meter, keep your health up, and connect a few special finishing moves.

I haven't played a WWF game since the Nintendo 64, and I know there are more in-depth versions out there (Smackdown vs. Raw or whatever) but this game is so simple that its fun. The Relive mode played out more like Stuntman: Ignition than it did a sports game, which was reaaaally fun and challenging.

Also, in the last podcast, Duke said something about there being a few more modes like that (one called "Rewrite" and I can't remember the other) so gimmicks like that might get me to buy this game.

I haven't watched wrestling since I was 14 or so, so this should really bring back some memories (Macho Man Randy Savage and Rick Flair better be in this!) of jumping off the bed and pretending I could take a hit from a chair. Go grab the demo and tell me what you think.

1) I now want to make Duke Ferris

2) I'm jealous you got to meet Sgt. Slaughter. You got to meet a real life original G. I. Joe

looks like they kept the head, but switched hogans body with one a bit more 'incredible'.

and yeah, flair will be in it. dont hold your breath for savage though. since he allegedly slept with stephanie mcmahon when she wasnt quite 18 yet, wwe used to rarely, if ever, mention him. they are giving him his own dvd now though, so maybe all's forgiven.

Hahaha. WHATTTT?! I never knew that. Thanks for ruining my childhood, guys.

@Rekkie: Yeah, they made the wrestlers look more arcadey. It really works well since the game is so awesomely arcadey anyway.

PS. That's one of the most poorly written articles I've ever read, Letusprey.

Omg cool! at one point in my life this game would have been absolutely a must have for me.. that would have been when i was 15. WWE was WWF and button masher games didnt bother me at all. but now days, i've lost the taste for any kind of wrestling entertainment and button masher games are more of an annoyance then fun. :)

Just finished all the tour mode and legend killer mode. Look for the review early in the week while I'm scurrying around the Game Developers Conference.

GR gave it a B grade.. i downloaded the demo.. but i still didnt think it was that much fun... i think im going to rent it and see what other features there are other than just playing as Hogan. if GR liked it, i might just enjoy it.

Yeah, how much you'll have with it will depend on whether you're a fan of Wrestlemania. Its gameplay is rather basic and straightforward, so if you don't really care for wrestling history, then it's kind of ho-hum.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo