Wooo, lets get Dirtah and healthy!

You're just jealous of my corvette.

De-Ting, how are they a hassle? And what kind of pollution? There are kinds that don't use chemicals killing the ozone, and there are kinds that are made of natural fibres or recycled materials. I'm not trying to glorify what they are, either -- just a convenient way to carry some clean water. Carry around some rags and some water, you know? Or if you want a little more clean, vinegar.

They come in plastic and aluminum packages that you have to *gasp* throw away. Even if they're biodegradable themselves, they usually have individual packaging, and that's pollution.

Plus, sanitizer goes a lot further. You could probably rip a towelette in half and get two less than adequate uses out of it, or use a nickel-sized amount of nice, refreshing liquid hand sanitizer and kill 99.999999999% of germs on your dainties and not have to wait for them to dry.

I suppose you're right about packaging. In comparison to the liquid, however, I don't think you can argue that one has less or more of it. I would advocate then that you make your own towelettes.

I'm not pro-antibacterial, for the record. Anyway, my problem with the liquid form is that I don't know how concentrated it is -- and I get the feeling that it is more concentrated than I want. I have some kind of conflict with wanting to feel like I've covered my hands, but not wanting to waste it or kill my hands. Apparently just a dab'll do, but I can't cover my hands with that amount. It doesn't spread very well, or I can't control it well maybe. I dunno. I clearly just have no skillz.

People think alcohol can be damaging to your skin, but on the contrary, soap is a lot more harmful. Detergent should only be used when something greasy or toxic is on your hands, like butter, raw eggs, meat, or dirt. Towelettes should be used similarly, as a portable means of cleaning. Otherwise, sanitizer is the wise man's choice to disinfect and protect.

There's a difference between not using toilet paper and not using toilet paper when you pee and not using toilet paper, a bidet, a bath, a chemical shower, and taking antibiotics when you pee.

De-Ting said:
Oh sure. Of course. And while we're at it, let's not use shampoo, toothpaste, or toilet paper.

I worked with a granola kid that didn't use any of that. He had a special glove for scrubbing his body and whatnot. He would occasionally use shampoo. He didn't smell bad, but at the same time...he didn't smell like a man.

old-spice.png

De-Ting said:
Oh sure. Of course. And while we're at it, let's not use shampoo, toothpaste, or toilet paper.

Do you tie a little bib around your junk when you take a leak?

I know rain must, he won't even touch it.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
De-Ting said:

Please. Are you saying you walk around with pee on your hands? Because it sounds like you're saying you like to walk around with pee on your hands.

De-Ting said:
Eyebrowsbv31 said:
De-Ting said:

Please. Are you saying you walk around with pee on your hands? Because it sounds like you're saying you like to walk around with pee on your hands.

:eek:

madster111 said:
You do realize you can literally drink piss, right?

It's not really all that bad for you.
Sightless said:
Please remember that if consuming urine, it's best not to take from the first portions, since there is often bacteria and other very interesting organisms just waiting to escape from your leaky bits.

It may be drinkable and not kill you, but piss has within it lots of salts and other crap that will actually promote dehydration.

Bretimus_v2 said:
It may be drinkable and not kill you, but piss has within it lots of salts and other crap that will actually promote dehydration.
Not to mention IT TASTES LIKE PEE.

De-Ting said:
Bretimus_v2 said:
Not to mention IT TASTES LIKE PEE.

How do you know what pee tastes like if you supposedly haven't tried it...

I'd say it's safe to say that pee tastes like pee. Even without drinking from your own hose.

Fun fact: Old diabetes tests consisted of tasting the person's pee. It had an excessively sweet flavor that gave the disease it's name "diabetes mellitus" roughly translating to "honey-flavored pee".

Official worst old-timey job.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle