Wii, PS3 or 360 herlp me decide.

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by GhostTrip, Mar 14, 2008.

?

Which console should I get? HELP ME!

1. PS3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 360

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Wii

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. video game are ghey! wait, why am I here?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. GhostTrip

GhostTrip Rookie

So I've finally decided to upgrade to the current generation of gaming. But I don't know which one to get!

I've played both the 360 and the Wii. I love the Wii controls and have had a lot of fun playing their titles with friends. I also love the 360 games. And, I love MGS... So what to do? What to do?

2. Rekkie7

Rekkie7 Rookie

That is a tough one. If your only getting one, and you want to play it a lot I'ld say 360. The Wii is an amazing system with an awesome lineup but there's not enough games on it for it to be the sole console of a hardcore gamer.

PS3 could be worth picking up in the future but so far hasn't warranted it.

So may vote is gone to 360, but really you should get a 360 and a Wii.

3. Eyebrowsbv31

Eyebrowsbv31 Rookie

I'd say the Wii, most 360 games and PS3 games hit the PC market(excluding MSG) later on, so that's not a big deal. the only hard part is finding a Wii.

Also, xbox (Windows) Live is a bitch that makes you it's bitch. A fee + cable fee? screw you.

4. HK-47

HK-47 Rookie

I would have to go with the Wii.

5. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

wii is starting to get some cool titles out. plus it already has some gems. but it also has a lot of crap games! plus with wii you can purchase old school games from NES onwards. only problem is there aren't many online games out yet!

PLus wii is slightly cheaper!

6. HK-47

HK-47 Rookie

^ I agree with the old school games.
    And it has plenty of variety.

7. GhostTrip

GhostTrip Rookie

As it stands I'm leaning towards the Wii.

However, GTA, Alan Wake, MGS4 and Silent Hill 5 are all holding me back from going to Wal-Mart tand making my purchase!

8. NickKmet

NickKmet Rookie

Go with the Wii. I have one and its way more fun than the other two, both of which i've played. Sure the graphics aren't nearly as good, but hey, you're not gonna sit there during a game and simply watch the screen and oogle over the picture.

9. GhostTrip

GhostTrip Rookie

I will when I'm watching the half hour cutscenes in MGS4 :cry:

10. roukey

roukey Rookie

360, who cares about Brawl!

Just kidding about the Brawl part, but seriously, get a 360. Better game selection.

11. Spyderhunter

Spyderhunter Rookie

From my experience the wii is something that you do when you have all your friends over where u can laugh at how they all look like idiots.you also have to have enough money to accomidate controllers and party games for those friends as well. in terms of single player i find games like galaxy metroid and SSBB to be about it... i find myslef playing 360 games more often anyways because of the larger online community and movie /tv/old xbox downloads as well as better game gaming library... ie.e halo 3 bioshock gears etc to name a few. also the 360 and ps3 have stunning graphics that look great on high def tv's and surround sound systems. the PS3 will be getting some great titles out soon like MGS and killzone 2 but currently it doesnt have the best selection... really the main titles are resistance ratchet and unchartedand (the ones that stand out to me) and as an added bonus, also a blu-ray player

its like what most people say, the wii is a secondary console to the PS3 and the 360. I say start out with the 360 and then go to a wii if u want (good luck finding one)

12. DenHond

DenHond Rookie

DON'T take the wii, cause that thing is so retarted...
    Personally I would go for the PS3...

13. maca2kx

maca2kx Rookie

And you should always listen to someone who criticises something for being 'retarted'.

Sam

14. JCD

JCD Rookie

The only real problem with the wii is that it's most definitely not a console that you can play for hours on end. If you'd consider yourself a (god I hate these terms) "hardcore" gamer, go with the 360. If you're more of a "casual" gamer, go with the wii.

15. MikeyVassallo

MikeyVassallo Rookie

If you can find a Wii, do yourself a favor and get it. You will thank yourself later.

Then decide between the other two, because right now there is no reason to own both.

16. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

I have a PSWii. PS3's the main course while Wii is the side dish.

I suggest the Wii if you only want a delicious, small portion meal.

Go for the PS3 if you want to eat your heart out.

17. MikeyVassallo

MikeyVassallo Rookie

Now why is that? Right now the Wii has more games worthy of throwing down bucks and play time than the PS3.

18. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

Yeah, tell yourself that when you're playing all of them.

My PS3 to Wii ratio is about 4 hrs/ 1 hr. Not many Wii games have extensive play time, believe you me.

19. MikeyVassallo

MikeyVassallo Rookie

Zelda: TP, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime Corruption, Smash Bros, Super Paper Mario. I don't wish to get into a fanboy argument, but those are some high caliber games with loads of play time. Just because you don't play your Wii much doesn't mean somebody who is new to the Wii won't pick those up and have a full platter (to continue your food analogy).

20. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

None of those have any qualities to make you really want to play them for as long as I've been playing Oblivion, Resistance and CoD4, however. Yes, those are good games and well worth a Wii, but it depends on what kind of restaurant you prefer; casual or fancy (to continue this awesome food analogy).