Video Game Music Mashups

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by GuerillaMatzilla, Nov 1, 2011.

?

Do you like video game inspired music / mashups?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. GuerillaMatzilla

Sorry if this appears messy in any way. This is one of my first forum posts on here, but I've been a reader since I was a kid. I'm sure this music won't be for everyone, but there definitely are some fun video game inspired musical mash-ups, and they are generally at a pay what you want download price since they are produced with other peoples work. I thought it would be fun to see if anyone else has other similar music or mashups they might want to share too. Please feel free to post.

Couple Zelda tracks I enjoy so far

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU75uz0b8EU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DplMlB9wQSo

2. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 Hey kiddo!

I've heard the Ephixa one before. Nice find on the other mashups.

Strong first post: coherently written, cool links, panda.

It's all about Busta Rhymes - Gerudo Valley. DON'T TOUCH ME!

3. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

Oh joy. More Zelda fan music. I am so excite.

Anyway, I typically find fan mixes to be poor compared to the original tracks. In fact, I can't think of any fan-made works that I like, at the moment.

4. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm more into game music remixes rather than mash-ups. Only because most of them are by youtubers who just play 2 songs at the same time! But they were good - thanks for that.

I dabble in 8-bit mixes too, I guess I just like computer sounds :D

5. GuerillaMatzilla

Thank's Bretimus, it's encouraging to hear that. I remember the first time I ever found my way on to this site was copying cheat codes off the computer in the library over a decade ago. I've really enjoyed the site for a long time ago and have to thank GR personally for the reviews of Fallout 1 & 2 when I was younger, because the discount bin games I was buying back then with out having an income were pretty terrible until that point.

Gerudo Valley's definitely a contender for favorite, but it'd be pretty rad to hear them rhyme something with the Song of Storms. So many remixes and performances of that one on youtube though.

I still have the original Ocarina of Time soundtrack on my ipod to listen to. On that note, I hope the Skyward Sword music doesn't disappoint.

6. NickKmet

NickKmet Rookie

It's going to be the first Zelda game with an actual orchestral score, right? All I know is that when I was watching the trailer, I was thinking to myself, "needs more Taiko Drums!"

7. Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

The Gerudo Valley remix is the best one from Ephixa.

8. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie