¿ʇɥƃıu ÊÂ

• ÇÂ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ʇno puıɟ s,ʇÇÂ

• ¡¿ʇÉÂ

• Total voters
I hope they're a bit less heavy handed with their political messages. In the second two movies, the whole thing is them beating you over the head with environmentalism, alternative fuel and feminism messages. I mean, christ, this isn't the shit I watch Futurama for.

Their messages have died down, I'm happy to say. The first episode is really funny, and brings back the absurdity that was the show in the beginning

Longo_2_guns said:
I hope they're a bit less heavy handed with their political messages. In the second two movies, the whole thing is them beating you over the head with environmentalism, alternative fuel and feminism messages. I mean, christ, this isn't the s*** I watch Futurama for.

Yeah. The old series was like that too, though (just slightly more subtle).

I wouldn't say slightly more subtle, I'd say much more subtle. Except in episodes that centered partly around Leela, in which case it was not very subtle.

used44 said:
Longo_2_guns said:
I hope they're a bit less heavy handed with their political messages. In the second two movies, the whole thing is them beating you over the head with environmentalism, alternative fuel and feminism messages. I mean, christ, this isn't the s*** I watch Futurama for.

Um, yeah, they had a TON of environmental episodes Longo... wtf are you smoking. Every episode with a "Waterfall" character was about the environment. Also, they have won about a bazillion awards for those episodes from Environmental groups. If you listen to the commentaries on the DVDs they talk about how proud they are of that.

StalfrosCC said:
used44 said:
Longo_2_guns said:

Um, yeah, they had a TON of environmental episodes Longo... wtf are you smoking. Every episode with a "Waterfall" character was about the environment. Also, they have won about a bazillion awards for those episodes from Environmental groups. If you listen to the commentaries on the DVDs they talk about how proud they are of that.

Yeah, I know. Like, there was that one with the penguins and like three other fairly blatant ones that I don't watch anymore because they're annoying. But the difference is that in those episodes, the message never really gets in the way of the jokes, and it's never nearly as blatant as in the last two movies.

Zap Branigan is one damn sexy man. I just hope the over sex-ified jokes, that most of Comedy Central's shows have, doesn't spread into Futurama.

crazycracker22 said:
Zap Branigan is one damn sexy man. I just hope the over sex-ified jokes, that most of Comedy Central's shows have, doesn't spread into Futurama.
Got a back fat fetish, hey CC? :D

I enjoyed the second episode more, I think.

And I love that they both were full-on, sci-fi tropes. Great statement to make on your comeback.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod