Underrated albums

segageek

Regular
What albums do you have you consider underated

mine is Queens Of The Stone Age Lullabies to paralyze No one really liked this album but tbh i thought it was amazing its a shame people didnt give it a chance

..genius..

lauryn_hill_unplugged.jpg

segageek said:
What albums do you have you consider underated
mine is Queens Of The Stone Age Lullabies to paralyze No one really liked this album but tbh i thought it was amazing its a shame people didnt give it a chance
I liked QOTSA way back when but I was ashamed of it. None of my friends like it. It's funny you say this, I thought they were a relatively popular band but no one I knew liked them.

They were probably all driving around, hanging out without me listening to it!

Try! -- John Mayer Trio
I think John Mayer felt the need to make this side project out of self-preservation, to keep the 40 year old mothers in the audience from yelling throughout every live set list. A lot of blues guitar, a sound like Stevie Ray Vaughan, it's not your normal love songs.

Cruel Intentions soundtrack
Better than those "OMG! It's the 90s!" compilations, this is the 90s mix tape you're looking for.

I love Queens, seen them live twice.

Lullabies and Songs for the Deaf are my two favourites. Medication is such a simple song that ir gets old fast. But the rest of the album feels much more compelling. Almost as if the second half has transformed into a concept album with tracks like Someone in the Wolf and The Blood is Love. I dunno, but I can dig it. :p

I felt Diamond Eyes by Deftones was underrated. I mean White Pony is my favourite album but Diamond Eyes is my favourite post White Pony album.

Also King of Limbs by Radiohead. I'll admit I wasn't a fan at first but I really enjoyed their performance of the album Live from the Basement. I loved the new songs too; Staircase and The Daily Mail. I dunno why those weren't on the album but fuck it.

I think this thread should be "Underrated Albums from Popular Bands". Gorilla Manor by Local Natives is one of the best albums I've ever heard, but no one really knows Local Natives.

Going by my criteria:

Ceremonials - Florence + The Machine
Last Night - Moby
Uplift Mofo Party Plan - Red Hot Chili Peppers
How I Got Over - The Roots
Hail to the Thief - Radiohead

Longo_2_guns said:
Rakon said:
I think this thread should be "Underrated Albums from Popular Bands".
I think any good album by a band that isn't popular is underrated by default.

Your logic is sound. Here's a bunch of albums you may never have heard, but you really should:

Gorilla Manor - Local Natives
The Garden - Zero 7 (Anything by Zero 7 really)
Bang Bang - Dispatch (If I had to say, probably my favourite album ever)
Strange Weather Isn't It? - !!!
Black Sands - Bonobo
Nomad - Lotus
Local Band Does OK - Umphrey's McGee
Hidden Places - Tinavie
Collider - Sam Roberts
Shadows Collide With People - John Frusciante
Hands - Little Boots
Grand National - John Butler Trio

That's enough for now

Members online

No members online now.