Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
WHOA TALK ABOUT SHIT. What a terrible demo. I forgot how much Skate totally reinvented the genre.

Yeah, I like Skate, because it's much more tactical and doesn't have much of fictional physics.

Yeah, not to make this another Skate vs THPS convo, but DAAAAMMMNNNNN. What an awful demo. Feels like crap. Just ten minutes of playing through the demo a few times was enough to tarnish my fond memories of THPS, a game(s) I was obsessed with.

Do you have access to either original Used? Are you playing HD just to confirm how terrible it truely is?

By the way this game is exactly the reason why I value GRs review above all else, it has always reflected my opinion and feels like im reading reviews from my friends list

daverabbit said:
Do you have access to either original Used? Are you playing HD just to confirm how terrible it truely is?

By the way this game is exactly the reason why I value GRs review above all else, it has always reflected my opinion and feels like im reading reviews from my friends list
I really am on your friends list :p

daverabbit said:

I do have both the PSX games. And I have THPS2X for Xbox, unless I ended up selling it in my mass Amazon trade-in.

I tried it just to see if I agreed with Dan. Not just for the HD, but to see if it was worthy of downloading. I expected a sweet trip down memory lane, at least.

The demo was awful, Dan, but only because the game was awful. You get 1:25 of a 2:00 run on Warehouse. This would have been sufficient on the PSX (I swear half my most played games were demo discs) but on 360 with these terrible controls and physics, it's a lot like they were trying to trick you into impulse buying their terrible game.

It was a business move that played off of nostalgia in the heaviest sense. You hear "levels from THPS 1 and 2" and you think "My God Yes." I do admit that I was hard on it, but that's because it just reeked of cash-in and praying on people who've been bored with everything so far this summer.

Not to mention it led off the Summer of Arcade, which has been absolutely TERRIBLE. The ol' bait and switch is still alive and healthy I guess.

used44 said:
Yeah, not to make this another Skate vs THPS convo
Wasn't trying to do any of that. Back in the day, I enjoyed THPS. I loved it and it was one of few games I actually played the shit out of. I remember completing ever goal in the game. I think I got bored of Tony Hawk games when I played THUG 2. THUG was pretty fun, can't remember much of the story, but It introduced you getting off the skateboard for once. Can't remember if it was THUG that let's you slow down time and zooms in on your skateboard or not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle