This shit HAS to stop

http://xponlinescanner.com/2008/1/_free ... d=77024212

That was the latest Ad to redirect my browser from GR. Guys... these Ads are getting sloppy. I'd almost rather donate money to GR than see adds that take over my browser window or fill up the whole screen with a stupid flash movie. This latest one is a hijack. It redirects you and then tries to install it's spyware on the spot. No clicking needed. Its done it to me 3 times now all while navigating back to the forums Index.

Normally I'd just tell myself to suck it up and install Adblock plus, but the IT guy in me knows there are several of our users who won't know what to do in this situation and it just isn't fair to any of them.

Get with Crave. Find out why they allow it. Do it now. Please.

I already have enough reason to drink.

I am sorry Stal. I am sure they will work toward resolving this issue...or contacting you about a source of funding.

Yeah these ads suck.

Oh. How have you been Stal, there was a time when I was your favorite poster now I am yesterdays news. Taint easy being me I tell yah 8)

I feel much better now but I still hate the ads. Maybe instead of donating we could research less intrusive online ad companies as funding options for duke.

my protection is bad?
i have NOD32 and trend micro.
AND vista.

that site is GAY.

..ADBlock is the only thing holding us back from those types of hijack/spyware ads, and even it is starting to fail at blocking them..

GR, fix this before people start leaving!
i mean, i'm with stal, i would rather donate $50 than see those sort of retarded ads.

Duke_Ferris said:
will take the complaint and jam it up in their faces.

Post pics please.

Don't get me wrong. I have been a member of the GR community for many years and I am proud of Duke and what he has accomplished with the little gaming website that could. Making money is the name of the game and supplying companies like Bolt and Crave with content is the way you make money in this business.

You gotta eat and pay your bills.

StalfrosCC said:
Duke_Ferris said:
will take the complaint and jam it up in their faces.

Post pics please.

Don't get me wrong. I have been a member of the GR community for many years and I am proud of Duke and what he has accomplished with the little gaming website that could. Making money is the name of the game and supplying companies like Bolt and Crave with content is the way you make money in this business.

You gotta eat and pay your bills.
yeah, but i'd prefer to eat slightly less than look like some sort of paris hilton on steroids ad monster.

that's odd. i come to the site daily, and havn't noticed any change in the ads. well, other than crave is advertising itself instead of bringing in outside money.
that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. if you're already at GR, chances are you have no desire to log into crave gaming.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod