The Top 25 Games of All Time.

Deus Ex at twenty? TWENTY!? What the hell were they thinking? Oblivion only at 16? That too is a travesty. I completely disagree with the PC list.

I don't care about the PS2 one though I imagine it is pretty accurate.

Xbox - Fable and Chronicles of Riddick should not have been so disregarded.

Why were MGS Twin Snakes and Resident Evil not in the top 5? Metroid did not deserve #1.

Can't argue with the GBA list.

All in all, I don't consider these good resources. Still..... everyone has their own opinion.

One of these days I'm going to make a Top 50 List of Things to Say to Gaming Journalists about their Lame Top Games Lists. And the coolest thing about it will be people arguing about which completely offensive and degrading comment goes where and in the end no one will agree with more than 90% of it.

And then I'll revise the list and rerelease it two months later to get the same result. AWESOME!!

Cube, and GBA lists make sense, and PS2 should switch God Of War with Metal Gear Solid 3,, but the other two lists i'm not fond of...PC should not get one because, frankly, there still pumping games into the system, so thats my take on it.

My major problem with the X-box list is that the top 5 games, although worthy, are not exactly varied or different from the other lists. We have 5 games where 2 are the same engine in different universes, and 2 are the same series. No denying they are all good, but perhaps throwing Fable or Riddick, even Pranzer Dragoon Orata, which was on the list but in my opinion is better than Jade Empire and Halo 2, up there would be a treat. But, thats me.

LinksOcarina said:
PC should not get one because, frankly, there still pumping games into the system, so thats my take on it.

This is a reasonable position. But you have to remember that roughly a third of the PC list is 5+ years old. And another rough third or more is hovering around or over a decade old. So it balances out, really.

The remaining portion of the list shouldn't really be there for any reason. "Accessibility", the reason why Oblivion is on the list, just has to be a euphemism for getting pole puffed by the same tard that wasted the voice acting budget on Patrick Stewart and his ten lines of dialogue.

Man, looking at the PS2 list, and then the XBOX and GCN list, I can't help but honestly feel like this is the most clear evidence I can use to showl that the PS2 just complete destroyed any system in the last 'generation' as far as library and content are concerned..

^ Indeed it was, but the other consoles while having less games, had much higher quality games, whereas the PS2 had hundreds of incredibly crap games.

JCD said:
^ Indeed it was, but the other consoles while having less games, had much higher quality games, whereas the PS2 had hundreds of incredibly crap games.

Sounds like someone is trying to make excuses for why they spent a whole game generation with the wrong console. It's ok JCD, you can come play my PS2 and see what you missed.

I had a PS2 actually. The day I realized how much better the Xbox was (5 minutes after starting the Xbox up) I threw the PS2 out of my second floor window. (I wish I had pics for proof, but I don't)

Since then I have played some PS2 games and have been wholly unimpressed.

Where was Knights of the Old Republic II for the Xbox list? Is it really that much different than the first? I actually think the gameplay and the features for II are a little bit better than for the first, due to the fact that there's new sub-classes, new force powers, and just more customization overall. It's just the story and a few glitches that got in the way. If KOTOR can make the top 5, then KOTOR II should at least be in the top 25.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod