Super Secret Tip

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who just CAN'T LET GO, I discovered a way to check a game's letter grade. Click on the profile of the review author and check the section that lists his or her reviews.

Voila.

I don't think it's a case of not being able to let go. It's more that the letter grades set GR apart, just like the white on black design, the car splash screen and the simple page design. It wasn't broke but someone tried to fix it and in the process made it more like the IGNs and Gamespots of the world.

Yep, oh goody, GR has become even more of an 'IGN with some black'.
GR has used the A-F rating system since before broadband internet became the common use, changing it was a fucking stupid idea.

maca2kx said:
I don't think it's a case of not being able to let go. It's more that the letter grades set GR apart.

Yeah, but at the same time the letter grades set GR apart...if you're looking at a list of grades by various websites for a game; IGN give 8.3; Gamespot 9.1...then you see GR: B+, you can imagine the average joe going, "what the fuck does that mean?!"

It has its pros and cons.

Pros: The haters shut the hell up.

Cons: The gaming industry & society doesn't consider us a proper game website.

To think, you won't be viewed positively by the amazing writers, the pinnacles of journalistic integrity, and overall flawless and pristine people at sites such as Kotaku, Destructoid, the Escapist, Game Spot, IGN, and magazines such as Game Informer? Dear me!

It's not the peers. It's the publishers and developers we depend on for review copies, opportunities and such. :-/

I'm sorry I even brought this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle