Super 8

So wait, you mean to tell me that there's people out there who are reading my posts but I can't criticize them?

Oh geez, I'm scared. SHOW YOURSELVES YOU COWARDS!

Just saw it the other night. I wasn't too impressed with the story, but I thought it was VERY well done. I really liked how the kids' age was never truly defined, and they could be anywhere from 10-14 years old. They did the same thing with the era, however they eventually revealed the date as the movie went on.

Overall, pretty decent.

Rakon said:
Just saw it the other night. I wasn't too impressed with the story, but I thought it was VERY well done. I really liked how the kids' age was never truly defined, and they could be anywhere from 10-14 years old. They did the same thing with the era, however they eventually revealed the date as the movie went on.

Overall, pretty decent.

They did mention they were middle school aged. I think it was said once and then you saw them leaving/entering the school a few times.

madster111 said:
the chick was hot
............................................... um..........................

One thing I was listening to a podcast and they said this about Super 8 if you notice in old Spielberg films children were always acting up and being a distraction in the background and in super 8 every time that' fat kid's family appeared there was more stuff happening in the background than in the foreground and I thought it made it more like a actual family and not actors trying to act natural.

(Might be considered a spoiler I guess) I also like how the movie didn't go the best friends route, I liked that, if felt like if ET had a murderous cousin that came to america around the same time he did

Let me add to the chorus of just got back and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was nice to see a movie with well-developed characters, a sense of mystery, and a sense of wonder. Good old fashioned moviemaking there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle