Super 8

I have absolutely no idea what the hell it's about.

Might go see it with mates so if it is shit, we can throw popcorn at each other

I just got back from seeing this tonight.

cliffs:

So its about a bunch of kids that witness a top secret alien train wreck, kids were out shooting a zombie movie and happen to be at the wrong place at the wrong time etc.

Somewhat enigmatic, you really don't know wtf is happening half of the time. Most movies are pretty obvious with this sort of stuff, but Abrams did a good job in keeping the suspense.

Alien is obscure as hell and isnt fully revealed until late into the movie. And lens flare - typical Abrams fashion.

Made to feel sympathetic towards the alien

Good movie 7/10 because its not a dumb typical Hollywood movie.

I thought it was great. definitely a kind of homage movie to early spielberg films.

I actually saw JJ Abrams and Michael Giacchino today, and oddly enough, Abrams mentioned the lens flaring. He half apologized for it. It was even better since we'd been talking about it before we went into the auditorium.

Go on a Tuesday when it is half price and I'd say you get your moneys worth =p. As a note, I wanted to see tree of life but it wasn't playing any where near me.

Saw it and really enjoyed it, on a 1-10 scale in my opinion a 8.5 for me made me miss all those old sci-fis and Spielberg movies. It does feel like the goonies and ET mix (without befriending a alien), but I thought it was great and I saw it on D-Box seating which was really cool worth the money. My friends wanna see the 3rd Transformers in D-Box which I know it's gonna be crappy but great in D-Box seating

Delorean hit the nail on the head. It reminded me of character driven films shot in film....You know...The E.T, Jaws, Indiana Jones and Goonies of yesteryear. No over the top action sequences, no lame plot devices. Pure, unadulterated wonder and amazement. Lots of Spielberg influence. Classic Spielberg...Which in turn makes it a classic film.

Saw it tonight, was pretty good. Only the disjointed Story-Action-Story-Story-Action-Action-Story of it was a bit off for me.

Train Wreck was fucking LOUD. The chick was hot and a incredibly good actress considering her age. Fat kid was a bro and i want to hang out with him.

I give it a 7.5/10. Watch it at home with decent levels of brightness and contrast and turn the volume up and it would become 8-8.5/10.

Note gonna lie, I liked it. Wait, I loved it. I was expecting a terrible movie, instead it was a masterpiece (by today's standards) The actors were good, the story was good, the special effects were good. I'm a sucker for sound design (and they were amazing).

Only 2 negative points: FREAKING LENS FLARES, and the train crash. I was watching the movie in a "SuperAVX" enabled room (7.1 sound) and it was loud as eff

8.5/10 (buying it on dvd)

fizz4m said:
FREAKING LENS FLARES

When I saw Abrams right after the movie came out he mentioned his reputation for that. He said he really wasn't sure why he seems to like them so much recently.

Oh, and welcome to the GR forums.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod