Street Fighter II

Discussion in 'Retro Gaming' started by The_Joker, Jun 7, 2012.

1. The_Joker

The_Joker Rookie

I play this game virtually every day at work with my boss and co-workers. Who do you guys play as?

I'm best with Bison but I'm learning Vega. I will definitely be better with Vega when I learn him.

2. danielrbischoff

Chun Li and Ryu.

3. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 Hey kiddo!

I use to play a mean E. Honda, back when a was 10. I have never really played the SF series much. There was this moment when everyone got better...and I didn't.

4. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I was always Blanka at the arcades.

5. Optimus-Crime

Optimus-Crime Rookie

I remember using E. Honda's jump + fierce punch, corner opponent, then hundred hand slap the hell out of him to get to cheap victories during the earliest SF arcade days, but that was before anyone knew how to play. I'm talking week one.
    Our area has great SF players; it was brutal coming up through this bunch. Every grocery in my area carried this game, some had the modded Red Wave edition.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-f9M5BOJcQ&t=0m45s
    Pretty intimidating to play against someone who can throw 13 hadoken fireballs, then change to M. Bison at a whim and psycho crusher you at the speed of light. And I didn't even know how to use a stupid hadoken. I was still using Guile. And I sucked. I had a Ninja Turtle family back home that needed taking care of, I didn't need this sort of stress.

Anyway, I eventually mastered Ken and now I rape and pillage Putt-Putt Golf & Games whenever I'm in the area. I leave the people at the mall arcades alone, because they're mostly terrible and I feel bad for taking their quarters. But, yeah, screw those kids at Putt-Putt.
    But seriously, look at this shit! This is what we played!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCURTLbNaOY
    This shit blew my young impressionable mind.

6. The_Joker

The_Joker Rookie

Slowly but surely learning how to own with Vega at the workplace.

Also, uber-annoyed that Bison got nerfed in Street Fighter X Tekken. He straight up sucks in the game, one of the bottom tier characters.

And Vega is mid-tier. Lame.

7. Optimus-Crime

Optimus-Crime Rookie

Balrog is a good choice, part combo-machine, part power. His jump fierce is better than a lot of the more popular characters. His jab or duck+jab satisfies.
    You can get a lot of easy wins with him because ppl don't expect anyone to use him well.

8. The_Joker

The_Joker Rookie

Yeah when my boss (a national Guilty Gear world champion) plays Balrog I can't even touch him. He perfects me fairly often.

9. Optimus-Crime

Optimus-Crime Rookie

You're playing SF at work while on break with your GG national champion boss? Yes, I'm jealous.

10. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I never had a SFII main. I guess I preferred Chun Li but I suck with all of them.

11. Wes

Wes Rookie

I loathe people who play online and own everyone by using the same character EVERY TIME.

Oh wow, I'm so impressed you can win every battle only using Ken. If you're such a champ then challenge yourself and try another character

/rant

But in the single player campagian I used Guile.