Sports m***********

I'm pretty excited about IU being ranked number 1 in the Big Ten. They had a 1 point game against Michigan over the weekend. Can't wait for March Madness to start.

:D

I'm an avid fan of MMA but that's a year round thing so....For me soccer is what I'm most looking forward to returning. (Well, it's already returned. I just haven't had a chance to watch it yet.)Hopefully this year I'll make it to Jeld-Wen field to see the Timbers play...And lose :(. I'm getting back into baseball. By getting back into it I watched Moneyball twice.

Lethean said:
I'm an avid fan of MMA but that's a year round thing so....For me soccer is what I'm most looking forward to returning. Hopefully this year I'll make it to Jeld-Wen field to see the Timbers play...And lose :(. I'm getting back into baseball. By getting back into it I watched Moneyball twice.

Used to be obsessed with mma until they had a mediocre card for 50$ every weekend. Think you know that though.

That said im really excited for diaz/gsp. I love diaz despite how much of a douche he may be. Too bad gsp will likely cuddle him for 5 rounds.

So tired of GSP. Despite being such a dominant champ its gotta feel a little bad he has an inability to finish anyone.

intoTheRain said:
Lethean said:
I'm an avid fan of MMA but that's a year round thing so....For me soccer is what I'm most looking forward to returning. Hopefully this year I'll make it to Jeld-Wen field to see the Timbers play...And lose :(. I'm getting back into baseball. By getting back into it I watched Moneyball twice.

Used to be obsessed with mma until they had a mediocre card for 50$ every weekend. Think you know that though.

That said im really excited for diaz/gsp. I love diaz despite how much of a douche he may be. Too bad gsp will likely cuddle him for 5 rounds.

GSP sure didn't cuddle with Condit. That was an awesome fight.

And yeah their cards were real stinkers for a while. Injuries and overexposure resulted in me pirating almost all the PPVs. Thankfully the last part of 2012 and so far this year things are looking up.

Lethean said:
intoTheRain said:
Lethean said:

GSP sure didn't cuddle with Condit. That was an awesome fight.

And yeah their cards were real stinkers for a while. Injuries and overexposure resulted in me pirating almost all the PPVs. Thankfully the last part of 2012 and so far this year things are looking up.

I think diaz is too dangerous for him to do anything else but cuddle for 5. But youre way more into mma than i am now so youd know better for sure.

No you may be right but I think with Diaz's plodding forward approach and GSPs footwork he can avoid much of Diaz dangerous standup while working his jab, kicks or takedowns...Which I do see a lot of(takedowns). I honestly feel that GSP wants to finish but he may just not be a finisher thesedays. Still, doesn't mean he should be a boring fighter either. Hopefully the Condit fight wasn't a fluke and he starts fighting like that again on a regular basis. That Dan Hardy fight was annoying.

GSP *used* to finish a lot. I'm happy with a decision as long as it's an entertaining one or highly technical and not just smothering.

Lethean said:
GSP *used* to finish a lot. I'm happy with a decision as long as it's an entertaining one or highly technical and not just smothering.

same.. but i think with GSP he just wants to protect his belt so much he'll do anything to win, even if it means a ridiculously boring fight.

hopefully though as you say he makes fights like his last more common.

anyway, hoping for a diaz win. got nothing against GSP, and hes definitely a more respectable person. but i've always like Diaz.

Green_Lantern said:
MMA is super cool guys!

Always someone here to be a smartass ;).

Anywaus. Timbers play tomorrow night against Seattle. So far in their regular season they've lost one and tied one. Looking at their abysmal preseason its safe to say they'll lose tomorrow. But either way, GO TIMBERS!

huh, didn't know it was cool now to make fun of MMA. when did this happen?

and GSP would win against John Cena, with ease.

who would win? GSP vs John Cena? In a match where WWE writing applies

the winner faces Floyd Mayweather, MMA rules, but wearing boxing gloves

the winner of that goes on to the roller derby round to face Team Butterbean

the difference in their skill level it doesn't really matter the massive size difference. even if GSP couldnt knock cena out hed latch on like a wolverine and break every limb within a minute.

edit: missed the wwe writing applies for GSP.. i don't know depends who did the writing?

Chris_Crime said:
who would win? GSP vs John Cena? In a match where WWE writing applies

the winner faces Floyd Mayweather, MMA rules, but wearing boxing gloves

the winner of that goes on to the roller derby round to face Team Butterbean

as for mayweather, thats completely dependant on wether or not GSP gets him to the ground before mayweather lays GSP out.

100 GSPs vs 10 gorillas

If they tactically send 10 or 20 GSPs in first so their mangled corpses leave sharp broken femurs as weapons for the other 80 GSPs, GSPs win.

100 gsps wouldnt even damage a single gorilla

i had the most delicious chicken wings tonight. i went to take a picture of them to show you i live life on the edge occasionally, but my phone was almost dead and didn't have enough power to take a photo.

sorry.

they were sooooo good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod