So how about them Saints?

It's not like they made many mistakes, they moved the ball really well. Manning was picking up all kinds of first downs.

Was that the one pass in the 3rd or 4th? Because there was one play Payton makes that looks absolutely impossible all the way through to the catch.
Reminded me of Jordan. different sport ya, but just absolutely phenomenal play. One of the best throw and catch plays I've ever seen.

That game just proves you need a Coach that is worth a damn and can call the right plays. Manning might be one of the greatest offensive minds ever, but the Colts were out coached.

The coaches on both side are getting too much credit and too much blame. Yes you have to have someone calling the shots - but the players execute. Caldwell may be the face of the coaching staff in Indy, but Manning takes the helm as coach of Indy because HE CHANGES THE PLAYS ON THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE!

Manning marched his team up and down the field, but HE also threw the pick returned for a TD. How can you coach a player, especially being a rookie head coach, that makes millions of dollars a year and people all over think he can do no wrong - even when he gives up big plays.

As far as football goes, that game was very straight up. The players won/lost that game for their team not the coaches. The only decision made by a coach that held some weight on Sunday was the onside kick. There were some crazy catches made Sunday, and passes that would've threaded needles.. But That's heart, not coaching.

This idea that one side was out coached is kinda making my ears bleed. They are both good coaches, that helped their team get there - but SuperBowl Sunday the players have to show up, and NO was just hungrier than Indy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle