Should developers be able to advertise on GR forum?

UrbanMasque

Everyone Wears a Mask
Uncanny Valley - Survival horror

Mattay closed the thread, but I thought the game looked pretty cool. Sure it was an ad, but it was for an IndieGoGo campaign leading to a game. These ads I'm ok with personally because its gaming related and its not a textwall. It had links to socials and images of the game, but it definitely seemed like a template. Do we allow people with under a certain amount of posts to put their projects up? Under what circumstances would the thread have been allowed to stay open?

Actually Urban we were just discussing that in CO. Still throwing some ideas around as to what the post needs for us to keep it open. Funny you should mention it.

Additionally, it would be cool if we encouraged developers to stick around and answer questions from the community, but thats only possible if the threads kept open.

Let me know what you guys decide!

Yeah I think what we're wanting to do is encourage them to post their game but also stick around and not use us as a 1 post dumping ground. We're toying with the idea of making a forum for it but they don't really come by that often.

Urban, I've opened the other topic and renamed this one, though you can change it to whatever you want.

Glad to see this discussion start concurrently with the discussion in Cov Ops. We want to know how you guys feel about being pitched to by developers on GR and your responses will affect the way we moderate topics of this sort.

I've kept to the idea that as long as they stay around and answer questions and such, it's fine. If they just post and go, or spam it up, it doesn't fly for me.

Longo_2_guns said:
I've kept to the idea that as long as they stay around and answer questions and such, it's fine. If they just post and go, or spam it up, it doesn't fly for me.

This has been a loose rule in the past with several other threads. It mostly depends in how the post comes across.

Yeah, I do jump the gun on these game ads, mostly because they're ads. I'll be more lenient from now on.
More often than not, they piss off after about a week - even the ones who reply.

Maybe when someone posts a new ad, we can vote YAY or NAY and state our thoughts. From there we can lock it if it's shit, or keep it if it shows promise.

The reason why we jump the gun is because...

pandora horse charm Luxottica is monopoly. Most people haven even heard of the company because they don showcase their logo everywhere. If you look on a ray ban sunglass cases, there a small circular stamp and in fine print it says luxottica. They done a great job marketing their company with out putting their own name out but the name of their stores and brands. Oakleys, Rays, Persols, Sunglass hut, Lens Crafters, pearl vision, and et cetera. Its pretty fucking ridiculous. like extremely fucking ridiculous. A simple google search will show that this company/brand is probably heard in every household but not by it name, but the name of its products. They do this, in my opinion, because it helps them not be hated. Everyone hates monopolies. they a monopoly without the general population even knowing who they are.If I were you, I would find the shape I want and take the business else were. Go to Costco, they have well priced $25 way farers that are polarized. That how much a pair of polarized sunglasses should cost! Enough so the seller makes a profit without the customer shitting bricks after they look at the tag.What no one else in this thread has touched on is the monopoly/racket of the sunglass market.I can only ask that people stop buying into it so that the problem can be solved. Both glasses and sunglasses are much too expensive.Not because of their quality or because of "fashion" but because a few companies have set out to exploit people for as much money as they can.What people need to realize is that they can buy "knock offs" that are at least 75% as good as the real thing, but at less than 1/5 of the price of real ones.But people are so scared of reproduction glasses.People think "they cheap because they crappy". In some cases at the very low end this is true, but factories in china and taiwan have realized there is a market for making very good reproductions at a slightly higher price.And in a few cases, the real ones are of better quality, but not by much. Definitely not worth the price difference.Some may say "oh but I seen and felt the $10 $50 glasses at department stores or other optical stores, and the quality is nowhere near the same as real rayban or oakley (both are luxottica)"This is because the cheap sunglasses carried in US stores are usually bottom of the barrel, $2 chinese sunglasses that literally cost nothing to make and are actually crappy.Most sunglasses in the US up until about $60 in price are not so great. After $100 the quality is usually decent. This is because of the artificial inflation proliferated by Luxottica and a few other big players in the optics industry.But people have not seen the glasses offered in china and other asian countries, where quality and price is very reasonable, and as you travel up the ladder of price, topping out at about $50, you can get reproduction glasses as good as real ones, almost indistinguishable really.So with this information in mind, I hope your next purchase of glasses will be more informed, and not support the monopoly.close this windowyou'll need to login or register to do thatcreate a new accountall it takes is a username and password.锘縃ow to Properly Care for Your Puggle
16) C Maxwell Armstrong, Brooks C, Field M, Hammond J, Abercrombie J. Diagnostic peritoneal lavage analysis: should trauma guidelines be revised? Emergency Medical Journal 2002; 19(6): 524 5. pandora necklace uk He made his way to Oregon in a 32 foot (9.75 meter) boat stolen in southwestern Washington stopping first to leave $100 at an animal shelter in Raymond, Washington.锘縂etting Bullish on Housing
Photography Guidelines: Please use a photograph with natural lighting, and a full frontal view. (not the nude kind) Wink pandora glasgow 2) Creatine, phosphocreatine and B guanidinoproprionic acid: their uses in biochemical and medical research, (1997). J. F. Clark and M. L. Field. In: De Deyn, Marescau, Qureshi and Mori (eds) Guanidino Compounds, John Libbey Company. Chapter 17: 143 155.锘緾onsumer Advertising

....ahem... Yeah... So when I see ads I just think it is a robot. But if I know it's a person and it links to a free game then that's not so bad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle