Plagirism

There is a recent review on SSB: Brawl by some guy named vishnusa that is essentially, word for word, the review from you guys.

Also, he has done a few other reviews, and are probably the same thing.

Is there like a way to stop the blatant plagiarism that is going on recently? Or am I just blowing smoke over something that can't be fixed?

At the very least, I thought you ought to know about it.

Is his review on this site or elsewhere? In the academic world (and I presume all over the writing world) plagiarism is taken incredibly serious as it's about as close to theft as you can get. If the review is on this site it can be removed easily (obviously) whereas if it's on another site the GRandmasters could get in touch with the owners of that site and request it be removed. You're definitely not just blowing smoke, the wrongness of plagiarism has been hammered into my head so deep I swear it's lodged in my spinal cord now.

Sam

Well, he added me as a comrade and I have no clue who he is so I'd imagine this is a bot or a spammer. That is a bot tactic, to repost information that is already posted on the site.

StalfrosCC said:
Well, he added me as a comrade and I have no clue who he is so I'd imagine this is a bot or a spammer. That is a bot tactic, to repost information that is already posted on the site.

I think it's a bot too. One way to fix this from happening is to make codes after each message, so you can actually varify that a real user is typing.

But it could be some kid trying hard to raise his GR Score. :roll:

They're called CAPTCHAs (Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart) and dUKE doesn't like them.

Sam

I don't know if the bot problem is so serious we need to result to that code system. What would be the bots goal anyway?

There are other ways aside from CAPTCHA. Adding in a random question to the registration like "Are you Human?" or "What color is the Sky?" throws off their scripting as well.

I think it's some kid trying to go for medals and the GR Score.

He had kinda figured out how many points different medals were worth so he spammed up the site with fake reviews, stupid blogs, and sent out a ton of comrade requests. I deleted everything but his comrades....and I'm thinking of doing that too.

Looks like this is the same kid.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/profile/v ... e=VinothJ7

Ha, awesome. I love the blog "Imargin".

I remember before the days of member reviews when Rauno posted a review, and I called him a willy for it. Everyone was like 'god malakian, stop being so mean to him, he's making an effort to change!', then I pointed out that he'd chucked it together by copying and pasting paragraphs from different reviews on IGN, gamespot and such like. Good times.

Geez, the little guy is persistent.

I've deleted all of his blog entries and reviews again. I'm going to send him a PM to cut it out before I totally ban him.

His GR score is back down to 80 and he only has that because everybody accepted him as a comrade. Including you Links :)

joeblow said:
His GR score is back down to 80 and he only has that because everybody accepted him as a comrade. Including you Links :)
I actually denied his comrade request. Do I get a prize for that?

I love the blog entry about animals with a sixth sense. Aparently if animals had a sixth sense they would have human jobs, not sure i see the connection there, but maby i need that famous sense.

Maybe if StalfrosCC adopts him then we won`t have to worry about any of LinksOcarina`s Plagirism Complaints you think!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod