GR's obvious favorite

UrbanMasque

Everyone Wears a Mask
So while GR is busy making unnecessary changes to the forums, sorting which topic belongs where? and throwing off the symmetry that we've all known and loved, I decided to read some reviews. I found it odd that, most of the games that were reviewed [ that stretched over various platforms] , were linked directly to the XBOX360 review instead of the PS3 review. Whats the deal there? you guys taking money under the table? Since you guys are revamping things heres a solution - Since most of the games are available on more than one platform, and are essentially identical - why not create a GENERAL review, and then note which systems the games are available on. Then you wont have to listen to the whiney black guy complain about bigotry, prejudice, and favoritism on the forums[*typical*]. I mean, lets call it what it is GR - Its only a matter of time before they start advertising Xbox stuff [in addition to I am Legend, Crave and Eve Online ads] and completely wipe the Sony option off of the forums completely.

Ub3rly Yours,
Urban

I'm still waiting on my STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl review from GR. You're worried about a little thing like that when I gotta deal with Total neglect for my games.

Where's STALKER?
MTW2: Kingdoms?
DoW: Soulstorm?
Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer?
Orange Box for the PC, entirely different from console versions (it's better! /end fanboyism)

All big games and sequels (STALKER was considered vaporware for a while). Where were my manifestos about how Kingdoms didn't ship with features written on the back of the box, and Creative Assembly wasn't even going to patch it until the community begged for it and basically complied every bug for them?(and tons of bugs were just ignored by CA)

Where's a manifesto about how consoles got the new CoD4 maps and PC users got the shaft? Doesn't bode well if GR is abandoning PC as a whole. Do you guys need PC reviewers? bugger all I'll do it.

And what's the alternative? Skipping between PS3 and Xbox 360 as defaults for every review? It's probably something that didn't even get any thought. The 360 was out first, and that's just how the priority stayed. It's such a minor issue, honestly.

And the reason they have Crave ads is because Crave bought them. Make sense?

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
I'm still waiting on my STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl review from GR. You're worried about a little thing like that when I gotta deal with Total neglect for my games.

Where's STALKER?
Orange Box for the PC, entirely different from console versions (it's better! /end fanboyism)

Do you own all of those titles or have you played them all?

I mean, lets call it what it is GR - Its only a matter of time before they start advertising Xbox stuff [in addition to I am Legend, Crave and Eve Online ads] and completely wipe the Sony option off of the forums completely.

Please tell me you were joking with this last part.

1) As a review site and having a gamer base, Sony would never be removed.

2) The sites free. Deal with the ads. Seriously. People complaining about them gets to be very annoying.

3)If you were saying this all in jest, I apologize.

LetheanDreams said:
Eyebrowsbv31 said:

Where's STALKER?

Yeah, I own them all, but I had to go to other sites that I really don't trust or put faith in my PCgamer Magazine, which is pretty bad nowadays. While all of those are good games, I'd like to have had a GR review, as I put faith in them over others. For example, DoW Soulstorm got a decent review on PC gamer, and as a fan of the series I went and got it. Well it sucks! horrible game, and GR would have pointed that out if they reviewed PC games more often.

I'd like to know Duke's or any of the other GR employees thoughts on this; why PC has sort of been abandoned as of late. I know I listed only a few games, but there are older games that deserved a review but got neglected.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
Where's a manifesto about how consoles got the new CoD4 maps and PC users got the shaft? Doesn't bode well if GR is abandoning PC as a whole. Do you guys need PC reviewers? bugger all I'll do it.

Yeah well you guys get new TF2 maps, weapons and achievements when Valve won't even fix the fucking lag issues on the console version.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
LetheanDreams said:
Eyebrowsbv31 said:

Where's STALKER?

Yeah, I own them all, but I had to go to other sites that I really don't trust or put faith in my PCgamer Magazine, which is pretty bad nowadays. While all of those are good games, I'd like to have had a GR review, as I put faith in them over others. For example, DoW Soulstorm got a decent review on PC gamer, and as a fan of the series I went and got it. Well it sucks! horrible game, and GR would have pointed that out if they reviewed PC games more often.

I'd like to know Duke's or any of the other GR employees thoughts on this; why PC has sort of been abandoned as of late. I know I listed only a few games, but there are older games that deserved a review but got neglected.

Damn. You saw right through my question. :(

And in regards to your last paragraph, it could just be they were never sent review copies.

LetheanDreams said:
Eyebrowsbv31 said:
LetheanDreams said:
Eyebrowsbv31 said:

Where's STALKER?

Damn. You saw right through my question. :(

And in regards to your last paragraph, it could just be they were never sent ereview copies.

I only play an idiot on forums you know, I'm a real sharp guy :wink:

Act too smart on a forum and people will expect stuff outta ya.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:

Throwin out a guess here....

Could it be that PC gaming has been steadily digging its own grave for the past 3 years or so?

BigZell2020 said:

Could it be that PC gaming has been steadily digging its own grave for the past 3 years or so?
no, the PC community has been stealing PC games, thus making PC games sell less, THUS making game producers and reviews use the good ol PC less.

on the subject,
- the 360 was out first.
- the 360 has sold more.
- the 360 has more games out.
- the 360 is used for games, not HD movies.
- the 360 is what most people want reviews for, because most people own it.

done yet?

to put more into what madster said, Pc gaming and people who own a PS3 are the minority in this scenario. I know more people where i go to school that have a 360 than all of those that have a ps3, pc(to game), and wii combined. The fact of the matter is that if GR reviewed an even number of PC, PS3, and Xbox games they would, in the long run, lose some fans and people that frequent the site. More people have 360s and right now more games are on the 360(both exclusively and cross-platform) than any other. So it is simple logic that GR reviews the 360 versions of games, not out of any personal vendetta against sony, simply that more people own 360s. appeal to the majority.

madster111 said:
BigZell2020 said:

no, the PC community has been stealing PC games, thus making PC games sell less, THUS making game producers and reviews use the good ol PC less.

Thats kinda what I was getting at...

I don't see what the problem is. Most cross-platform games these days are so similar, the reviews are gonna read the same - and GR always notes the (very minor) differences anyway.

As for eyebrows concerns - since you already have played and found those games to be good, why do you need a review? Laffs?

I'm basically the only PC game reviewer at GR at the moment, and I work another job, so I'm a little pressed for time.

I did do a review of DoW:Soulstorm, Eyebrows, but it's somewhere in the midst of the editing process. When Duke gets back from his current trip, I'll check in with him about it.

As for STALKER, that came out before I was reviewing here at GR - when the expansion comes out, though, I expect I'll get that particular assignment. I look forward to it, too...

yep, geoff is the pc man, and it's true that pc gaming has definately declined over the years.

howver the original question was about the 360 vs ps3, and one of you nailed the answer right on the head, the 360 review defaults because more people have 360's so when they click on it, more people will feel they got the right page. reviews between the two systems are almost always the same.

(you can always click on the litle ps3 icon if you prefer)

Hoomfie said:
I don't see what the problem is. Most cross-platform games these days are so similar, the reviews are gonna read the same - and GR always notes the (very minor) differences anyway.

As for eyebrows concerns - since you already have played and found those games to be good, why do you need a review? Laffs?

As I stated Soulstorm got a decent review in my PCGamer and on a few websites, so I went and got it. it really ,really, really sucks, and Geoff will probably point that out; it just comes late.

Now if duke would like another PC game reviewer I'd happy to take the job, as the fact that it's unpaid (as most staff writing positions are) doesn't bother me, and going out and getting the game is something I won't have a problem with either so long as it's not Nancy Drew's Adventures: Puberty or something like that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod