Peel me!

Tylzen

Rookie
In every window, I get the annoying PEEL ME popup.
It is really destroying the "flow" of the site, it gets in the way of stuff I want to click on.
And it is really annoying when I want to make replies or make new threads.
it even popped up when I wanted to make this thread.
I have accidently clicked it once, is this crave tactics? Invading with popups that you by accident click on...

Damn..

peel_me.jpg

jc00l said:
I am peel fre so far. But who doesn't want harley davidsons?

I could afford one, if all those "congratulation you're our 1,000,000,000 visitor" ads were true.. But sadly they are not :)'

as I recall is false advertisement stricly illegal in Denmark.
And I just got this in danish.
It says: "this is not a joke"
You are guest number <random number>
Congratualtions you have won.
Two buttons, cancel and the other one says: Click here for payment.
lucky.jpg

That and the stupid Circuit City ones keep redirecting me to their sites because I keep accidentally clicking their invisible parts.

What the hell are you people doing to be contracting these pop ups? I use Firefox 3 and AdBlock Plus and I get nothing. I genuinely don't get what I'm doing differently.

Sam

maca2kx said:
What the hell are you people doing to be contracting these pop ups? I use Firefox 3 and AdBlock Plus and I get nothing. I genuinely don't get what I'm doing differently.

Sam

They are afraid of you! :p
It changes from day to day, some days the ads are okay, other days all hell breaks loose.

maca2kx said:

Sam
I'm using Firefox 2 and AdBlock Plus and neither do i..
I also use NoScript, but i don't think that blocks any of the Peel Me ads?

Tylzen,
Do you have Firefox?
I too am wondering how you can be getting so many ads..

Lol yeah I got that harley davidson popup earlier. It just popped up in the middle of the screen so i couldnt submit my post.

By the way Tylzen, i also got that danish popup some days ago, that said it isnt a joke and i won money, but it didnt say wich guest number i was, there was just a blank spot.
I mean WTF, if they insist on making fake advertising, at least do it right.

Yeah, this isn't my computer, it's using IE...7..Or...Whatever...And the Mazda one is popping up like crazy.

I don't mind dUKE posting a download for adblock, I know it's beyond his control about the ads.

My issue is people saying "I use Firefox so I'm fine." While it is easy for some to get Firefox, why should they download an entirely different browser just to view a webpage?

I imagine using adblock all should be well in the world though.

Thanks dUKE for working on getting a link up! <3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle