Links everywhere

sparky87

Rookie
I was reading a review and I noticed that every time the words game and movie showed up they were links (there were others too). The links had nothing to do with the game(it was wall-e by the way) and there were alot of them. So I had to test this and went back to old blogs and it has happened there too.
Why is this happening?
I know it's probably Crave doing it but its really annoying because some of the links have sound when you scroll over them. I'm sure that most of the members would agree that this is very annoying, and it would be awesome if you worked your magic and made them disappear.

Yeah, Crave are fucking GR over big time.

Get Firefox & Adblock plus, then proceed to send 672 spam emails to them like i did.
seriously, i'm working on a bot that will use different proxy's to send them over 10k.

i hate crave.

I hate them. I think that Hell is just a poorly written Wiki where every word is a hyperlink advertisement, and you have a one-second memory span. And you're hungry.

Nick_Tan said:
I hate them. I think that Hell is just a poorly written Wiki where every word is a hyperlink advertisement, and you have a one-second memory span. And you're hungry.
Dear God..NO!!!
*runs*

Nick_Tan said:

Classic.

sparky87: You sure you don't have one of those word outlining add-ons on your browser (type of adware)? Maybe it snuck into your comp without notice, for I don't see the outlining on mine. It can happen! Then again, it's perfectly fine to hate Crave.

These ads are incredibly effective. How many times have you been reading a blog or review but secretly in the background of your mind been thinking "hey, what if I could manage some space walk party rentals?"

...and then BOOM! There it is.

2647500864_5d296d6465.jpg

Hooray for green links getting in the way of EVERYTHING! Crave sucks, they need to get rid of these because clearly I'm not the only one getting annoyed at them.

schimmel said:
Hooray for green links getting in the way of EVERYTHING! Crave sucks, they need to get rid of these because clearly I'm not the only one getting annoyed at them.
And how good is the nice dark green on GR's Black?

i reckon it looks awesome, because now you need to aim your cursor over the word and get the pop-up just to READ THE WORD!

i managed to get crave to change the green color (they didn't like it either), get the links off the front page, and reduce the number of links to three per page.

in a month or two, if they're not making enough money, i can ditch them. if they're making enough money, we'll be forced to keep them.

Well then according to what Duke said we need to make sure that NOBODY will ever click on one of these links so that we can ditch them. That would make me a happy panda :)

Duke_Ferris said:
i managed to get crave to change the green color (they didn't like it either)

Well since they are the same color now as all the links in the articles I imagine that people will assume every link is spam.

Guh, this is really sad that it has come to this.

My mighty heart is breaking.

Everyone, never click on any link in a GR review for the next couple of months..
actually, duke, maybe you could put a sly little twist to that..maybe you could ask then to change it to black, then at the top of all posts you could put:
"warning, do not click on black links for fear or getting spyware/so pissed off you smash your keyboard through your monitor (in which case, GR will not be held responsible)."

it's not my business anymore. however it does make me look good if the division of crave's business that i run makes money.

that said, i was 100% against the text link ads and was over-ruled.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle