Blue Text Links

NickKmet

Regular
Ok, i could live with the text links in reviews and only considered them a minor nuisance. but now they're showing up blue for me, and i can't read shit on the website. is this happening for anyone else?

Ugggh why are they constantly changing their method of advertising? :(

@ DUKES BOSS: I FKING HATE YOU! Why the hell can't you get normal ads like a normal person? Visiting GR involves all sorts of shit popping out at me and it's becoming hard to even just READ the site -.- Really... we all know GR's reviews are [normally] a bit slow. Sometimes games I wanted a review for were never reviewed... but the site has great personality and a great team behind it. I've been lurking here since I was about '97 and I ALWAYS tell people about GR but what the fuck is the point? I'm about to delete my GR bookmark and go somewhere else. This site is getting destroyed by ads. I've had to install two separate firefox add ons to block these things just so I can read in peace without 12 fucking ads exploding on my screen.

Dude probably doesn't care, though. Doesn't matter how tacky GR is getting.

WE. ARE. BEING. AD. RAPED.

Profits said:
Dude probably doesn't care, though.
He's said that he fought against the ads, but he could be lying. He probably is taking all the money to Jamaica and selling the site to Ghost Space Pirate Robots.

Also, I propose GR has a swag sale on ebay for money to combat the ads if they get too out of hand.

No no. I know Duke cares. I've read his responses in the past to these changes. I would never accuse Duke of not caring about the website.

I was just referring to his rapist of a boss.

Man, I need to read more. It says Dude, not Duke. Duh. That's like the second time thats happened this week. I think I might have dyslexia.

madster111 said:
Firefox
ADBlock Plus
NoScript.

Period.
masterchris said:
Anyone surprised to see madster pipe up with this "advice" again?
Nice try, but it's not a solution. Its just a mask. It's like those deodorizer commercials which say some sprays just mask odours, don't mask, eliminate them.
Well, until the annoying/intrusive ads are gone, the problem still exists. You should not need to install extra add-ons and utilities to browse a website.

Except Java. Or Flash. Or Quicktime...

or...

A mask that is a SOLUTION.
It not only blocks the ads, but it stops them from even loading, saving bandwidth and time.

Besides, ABP is not only used for GR. It will save you about 100mb a month worth of downloading if you visit ad heavy websites often.

And as he said above..it's a tiny ad on..it shouldn't be needed, but it is.
Like Java.
Or Flash.

Yeah, but then i can't use the browser i want to use.

I don't like firefox, plain and simple. And i'm not going to use it.

Besides, i shouldn't have to download another program to not see this shit. They'll just find some way around it eventually.

Longo_2_guns said:
madster111 said:
Firefox
ADBlock Plus
NoScript.

Period.
masterchris said:
Anyone surprised to see madster pipe up with this "advice" again?
Nice try, but it's not a solution. Its just a mask. It's like those deodorizer commercials which say some sprays just mask odours, don't mask, eliminate them.
Well, until the annoying/intrusive ads are gone, the problem still exists. You should not need to install extra add-ons and utilities to browse a website.

Except Java. Or Flash. Or Quicktime...

or...

Thanks, I thought I was going to have to post that again...

madster111 said:
A mask that is a SOLUTION.
No, it's not a solution. A solution would be GR/Crave announcing that they are getting rid of the advertisements in question. Your set of steps only works for the people who follow them, they don't work for the millions of other people out there who are not running FF/ABP. Therefore, it is not a solution.

NickKmet said:
Yeah, but then i can't use the browser i want to use.
Exactly! You shouldn't have to run a certain browser with a certain add-on to not see these advertisements. You shouldn't have to get an unlisted number and never give it out to anyone to not get telemarketing calls. You shouldn't have to camouflage your house with trees to avoid door to door religion-salesmen. And you shouldn't have to have a disposable email address to avoid getting a tonne of spam just for signing up for something.

guys the GMs have expressed in the past how much it annoys them when topics in their forum turn into bitch fests. So, cut the bullshit and stop cluttering this topic with tripe and let them answer the topic.

It is pretty annoying now that they're blue. But at least it's super-obvious that they're ads so I won't accidentally roll over them.

Well, crave's gotta milk the website for cash somehow, that's what corporate overlords do so it's kind of understandible. I just wish they wouldn't do it in such an intrusive manner.

Thx for fighting them off with your corporate beating stick Duke, that's the kind of thing that keep us coming back to GR despite crave's attempts to drive us away.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle