MS stepping up their XBL gold game?

I highly doubt they'd give away 24 games for $60 and allow you to keep playing them after the subscription ends.

Lien said:
Also i don't get wicked's self quote next to mine. Is it an art piece?

Buying a game, even with the PS+ discount, is different than just getting it for free. Therefore your bro still has God of War 2 because he paid for it.

It's pretty self explanatory. Do I need to say it in French?

Except he didn't... he got it for free and with the 1 month free PS plus card he got with his PS3. The timer ran out, the game is still his even when off line.

Oh Jeebus.

So I searched the internet to see if God of War 2 was free in other countries since it wasn't in Canada (believe me, I would have it on my HDD if it was). And I came across this

http://n4g.com/news/1248148/sony-accide ... ation-plus

Scroll down to the comments and they're all saying that it's been fixed and there was an open window of only several hours to get it for free. So yeah, he probably still has it because this was a freak accident by Sony that needed to be fixed.

Trust me on this, you can NOT keep your games you downloaded for free once your subscription to PS+ ends. This doesn't include any loop holes you fail to mention in the beginning of your argument.

Keep =/= access.

The general point still stands though, they aren't giving away games really, they're granting access so long as you're a subscriber

TheJx4 said:
The general point still stands though, they aren't giving away games really, they're granting access so long as you're a subscriber

Again, no shit.

They're copying PS Plus, finally. This is a good thing. I don't understand the confusion.

used44 said:
I don't understand the confusion.
If there's any problem in understanding this, it's in the messaging. This seems like they've resigned to giving something away for free, rather than making it out to be a prize or bonus or part of the service...

Basically "If we don't do this, we're fucked, so we're going to do it." That's how it sounded to me during the press conference.

used44 said:
They're copying PS Plus, finally. This is a good thing. I don't understand the confusion.
The confusion (I'll take the blame for making) was whether or not Microsoft lets you keep the free games/content. PS Plus doesn't let you keep the games from what the prompt message said before you download the content. You only get to keep it as long as you have PS Plus (that's the No Shit part). I began wondering if Microsoft would do the same, since they made the announcement at E3. It's going to be like PS Plus with XBL Gold, but there might have been a few differences like the one I questioned about. Then, Brett answered my question without any sources.
Bretimus_v2 said:
It isn't. I'm not being a fan boy this is the simple truth. Every article I found said ACTIVE sub.
Not really difficult to be confused, used. I asked an unclear question and it somehow fell into a "No Shit" department for you. Which I didn't understand why it would be directed there. Lien didn't understand why that question fell there either. Then, people began talking about PS Plus and how that works, but wasn't answering the question. Thank you, Bret, but can I get sources? I'm sure you'll do the "Let Me Google That For You."

Do I need a source...I am M F Brett after all.

Also, you have Internet and google. The world is now your oyster.

But again this is a good move by MS.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Do I need a source...I am M F Brett after all.

Also, you have Internet and google. The world is now your oyster.

But again this is a good move by MS.

I think it's a good move, but the games they're offering are pretty.... meh if you ask me. At least when you compare things to what PS+ offers. At least, what I've read about here on GR. I don't have an xbox or playstation so I wouldn't really know.

Green_Lantern said:
This really isn't that hard to figure out guys...

post-21420-Homer-Simpson-Can-You-Repeat-T-bzmt.jpeg

NickKmet said:
Bretimus_v2 said:
I think it's a good move, but the games they're offering are pretty.... meh if you ask me. At least when you compare things to what PS+ offers. At least, what I've read about here on GR. I don't have an xbox or playstation so I wouldn't really know.

I guess I can't compare cuz I don't have PS+ but if I hadn't gotten a steal on Fable III a week after it released ($15) I would have never bothered. It's worth free IMO. Also next month is Assasins Creed II, a game I never got around to getting. Still $20 in the store so that alone is worth downloading just as a gift for paying for something I would otherwise still have even without 2 free games/month.

Unless I've missed it they have onl announced Fable 3, Halo 3 and AC2. That leaves what? 10 games through the end of the year? Anything can happen.

Lien said:
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/microsoft-kicks-off-games-with-gold-program-with-fable-iii-19937

Unlike Sony's PS+ Instant Game Collection, Microsoft has said that once you download these games, they're yours "no matter what."
Guess we should rethink what our "No-shit" department specify. But beside the little confusion in here, It's like Bret said. It's a good move by Microsoft.
The only problem is, Microsoft's been miscommunicating a lot lately. My guess is only Fable III is going to be free "no matter what," and any game that's part of the Games with Gold program will be free with your subscription. As that article says, it's a precursor to the program.

That's my guess.

It said it's only for Gold members. So, that can mean you need Gold to download it, but is able to still be played it if you decided to opt out. Who knows, Microsoft can be wrong.

But think about it, ugh. Does the game becomes unplayable past June 30th or when your gold membership ends? It's more complicated for the game to be a playable demo on a set timer then if it's just "we give you the game for free to reward you for paying online services".
Also you forgot the part where fable 3 is a cheap game right now. Microsoft got nothing to lose i am right. Same goes with assassin creed 2 and halo 3.

And darn it guys... we got a company giving you FREE games and all you do is spread doubt as you look in the gift horse's mouth. Just use your free gold membership trial card already and let's go kill hookers in Albion!

De-Ting said:
That's my guess.
This is Microsoft's biggest mistake. The guessing is turning consumers away. If you don't start with definitive statements, everything else is going to be questioned over and over again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle