MS stepping up their XBL gold game?

drathbone

Regular
Just downloaded Fable 3 for free. They also advised they will have a couple games per month for free in the future to paying gold members. Anyone else happy about this? I mean yeah, I already had Fable 3 but who knows what they'll have in the future. Maybe something I've missed.

Fable 3 is underrated if you ask me. People keep comparing it to fable 2 and 1. It's good the way it is.... just too short.

May i suggest using the money you didn't spend to get the DLC?

Bretimus_v2 said:
I was wondering when they would mimic the Plus model. Good for you, MS.
Yeah, but I'm wondering if the downloads will go away if your XBL Gold expires. I knew MS made this announcement at E3, but didn't know it would take effect so fast.

Here's Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2, lol.

I'd gladly take H3 though, maybe it'll breathe new life into the MP community. Still the best experience if you ask me.

used44 said:
UghRochester said:
I'm wondering if the downloads will go away if your XBL Gold expires.

I would put that firmly in the "No Shit" Department.
I don't know why Bret is laughing or how you find this to be in the "No Shit" department. I'm pretty sure if you download something from Xbox Live, you'll be able to keep it if your subscription ends. PS Plus takes away your content if your subscription ends. If I'm wrong, my bad.

I was wondering the same thing. As of right now I have no way to differentiate between Fable III and any other game I've downloaded. If it like any of the other games I can disconnect from live and still play the full games.

Edit: correction, that is games I originally downloaded on this console. I know they have a way to switch the licenses over from my old one but I never got around to doing it.

Uh, you're getting a free game BECAUSE you're a member of XBOX Gold. When you're no longer a member, you lose the perks that come with it, get it? Now if you spent money on the game, it's yours because you paid for it.

Also, when you download a free game you're using the internet which is basically a series of tubes.

WickedLiquid said:
Uh, you're getting a free game BECAUSE you're a member of XBOX Gold. When you're no longer a member, you lose the perks that come with it, get it? Now if you spent money on the game, it's yours because you paid for it.

Actually, not always true. I mean about the subscription to get free games. With blizzard for example, they had the deal where if you do a year subscription of WoW, you get diablo 3 for free. So i did... then realize i couldn't afford it so i stop the subscription 3 months in... and surprise! Diablo 3 was still in my account. But that is blizzard. With the playstation plus services, my brother got the god of war 2 game, stop his playstation plus services and bam! it's still there. Heck, i was playing it last time i went to his place. No reason why it wouldn't be the same with X-box.

Seriously, it is REALLY silly if Microsoft "removes" the game from your hardware and account because you don't have pay your gold account no more. This is microsoft rewarding you for being a gold member, not trying to trick you into staying a member forever. Stop trying to turn Microsoft into the new E.A. here. It was embarrassing before, it's more embarrassing now.

WickedLiquid said:
I get that, but wondering if MS would change that and be different from PS Plus.

Lien said:
With the playstation plus services, my brother got the god of war 2 game, stop his playstation plus services and bam! it's still there. Heck, i was playing it last time i went to his place.

WickedLiquid said:
Now if you spent money on the game, it's yours because you paid for it.

I disconnected from live and could still play Fable III. That's what I figured since there is no differentiation between games I've purchased/downloaded.

Hey guys, i scoured the Internet and the going consensus is that it requires the subscription. Which is differnent than turning off your router.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Hey guys, i scoured the Internet and the going consensus is that it requires the subscription. Which is differnent than turning off your router.
So what then? The game will automatically disappears when your subricption ends?
There is no timer, the game is his. It's not going to go away. Even if his subscription ends. Cause that's how it works, just like ugh said. That's it. The only catch is you only need to get the xbox gold subscription to download the game. And i just tried it too with a 30 days free trial card, it's working! I already own it on disc but might as well get it to see what the deal is about. so far it's working just like if i owned it, even with the internet off like drath said. I say people should just get a free trial or pay just a one month sub and get the game now. There's Nothing to lose, seriously!

Also i don't get wicked's self quote next to mine. Is it an art piece?

Guys, the games are on a timer. Once your subscription reaches its limit, the games won't allow you to play them.

^Yeah, but wondering if Microsoft is different about that. I know that's how PS Plus is supposed to work like that.

Well then, we'll have to wait 30 days till my free trial ends to see if that's true. Like i said, i got nothing to lose.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod