Most over-the-top gaming moment?

Tyrranis

Veteran
This thread is for those times in games when you go ballistic on whatever it is that you need to do. Overkill personified, for lack of a better term.

This one time in a Zero Hour skirmish (about 5 minutes ago, actually), I was playing as the Superweapon General with a Medium ally versus 2 Medium enemies. I had already defeated one of them, and the other was being held in check by my ally.

Whilst they fought it out, my economy was booming. I had oodles of cash, and oodles of space.

So I built some Particle Cannons, Power Plants, Supply Drop Zones and Airfields.

At one point I had 19 cannons, all but 1 were charged, and another cannon being built. That's when I noticed my ally was about to win.

So, I fired as many Particle Cannons as I could. I ended up using only 18, as I ran out of things to fire at.

Now, what're your overkill moments?

I was playing MGS:pO against one of my friends, and he was seriously kicking my ass. So I got a headshot with the Mosin Nagant, ran over, and covered him with explosives. then I waited until he got up to detonate all of them.

Anyone remember QBasic's "Gorilla"? Well, my cousin called me one day, and he was sitting at his computer. And he turned on and challenged me to a game, telling me about how the gorillas were placed each round.

I won. From playing Gorilla over the phone against someone sitting at the screen. Good thing he was honest in his descriptions. Still, that is a pretty over-the-top, right?

Another time, we were playing Duke Nukem 3D against each other. I'd found a nice hidden spot he didn't know about in one level, and the weapons would respawn. And that particular spot had pipe bombs.... Tell me, what do you think the odds of survival are when in the middle of a field sprayed with about 80 of those things?

As for single-player game overkills... Well, you know in FF XII how most monsters will give you one Licence Point each, meaning that LP-leveling can take place pretty much whenever instead of gradually having to move on to new areas? So yeah, I've got a save file where I learned everything (except the Espers of course) right after the first Hunt.

And then of course there's FF VIII, where I have a save file in which I have 300 Flare magicks before going to Dollet. For those not in the know, the way to do this is to collect 150 Ruby Dragon cards in Tetra Master and then refine them to Inferno Fangs which again is converted to Flare. And let me tell you, that takes time collecting. Naturally, I'd also collect Chimera cards so that as soon as I'd get Siren, I'd have 300 Full-Lifes as well. And pretty much everything else possible to collect at that point.

In 007 nightfire i was playing with like 5 friends (multi-tap ftw) on the snow map with two bases on each end of the map and the ski lift type trolley that goes from the two bases. I set up like 10 of the detonable explosives on the inside of the trolley and told my friend we should team up so he hopped in when it came around and i jumped out and detonated it mid-air. It was absolutely golden.

The end of Halo one, where your driving through the explosions and into covenant and flood forces fighting each other. It was a nice driving mission that ended with that spectacular slow motion leap into your ship as the ring explodes.

Or am I mixing that up with Halo 3?

Mine would probably have to be on SW empire at war, I was [laying with my friend against of couple of other guys when we stormed there base with my cannon fodder as a distraction while he came in and flanked em with crap load of victory class star destroyers and blew the base in half with a particle beam

Halo 3.

Me and my buddy were doing social multi-team.

Well right as the match starts, my buddy gets a very important phone call that requires him to leave the room.

So now its my job to guard his body.

We were on Isolation, so I moved him so that he'd be standing right beside those half walls that are around the entrance to the underground base area.

Then I stood behind the wall, pulled out my shotty, and waited.

Sure enough, people didn't want to waste their ammo so they would walk up to melee his AFK butt, only to get a point black shotgun blast to the side of the head.

I did this until I got 7 people. Then two of them decided to jump on a mongoose and try to flush me out.

I moved from one half wall to the other, and right as the driving was about to pass by I jumped out and stuck a nade on his knee.

He drives off, BOOM double kill.

Then I get hit in the back of the head....

in pokemon red i made damn sure i had a full lvl 99 party to face the elite 4. total overkill, didnt need a single pot.

SkaRobot said:
in pokemon red i made damn sure i had a full lvl 99 party to face the elite 4. total overkill, didnt need a single pot.

The rare candy thing wasn't that hard to do :roll:

MrHimashi said:
SkaRobot said:

The rare candy thing wasn't that hard to do :roll:

sure it was! sometimes you didnt coast on the right part of the safari zone. also, rare candies raise your levels, not your stats.

Dunno why but seeing HIGH LEVEL TECHNICAL DISCUSSION for Pokemon always makes me giggle.

GodsNDevils said:
The end of Halo one, where your driving through the explosions and into covenant and flood forces fighting each other. It was a nice driving mission that ended with that spectacular slow motion leap into your ship as the ring explodes.

Or am I mixing that up with Halo 3?

one of the best ending levels

ever

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo