Modern Warfare 3 speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bretimus_v2 said:
Dual analogs can be almost as precise with practice

Really? Analog controls have scroll locks. Mice have no such inhibition. You can never be as fast or precise with analog controls as you can with a mouse. It's physically impossible. Then again, that's why they don't let PC users play on the same servers as console users. It's just too hard for me to go to play on a console and actually be able to count off the seconds it takes to turn myself 360 degrees. I guess I'm too used to the lightning fast PC controls.

danielrbischoff said:
I love free PSN too but s*** sux. Worst matchmaking ever, horrible OS, friends, community, interaction. Just terrible compared to Xbox live and even worse when compared to PC.

The problem with PC, despite it's extremely high quality player interaction and matchmaking and all, is it's inaccessible to newcomers. Thats why Infinity Ward said no dedicated servers in MW2.

As much as you guys deride me for paying for live (or paying for PS+ which I do), you have to understand that there's a value to it all to someone and that means there's a market...

Not to mention that this job, having those services, being able to review games with online components, playing in PS+ betas etc pays my bills, my rent, puts food on my table, regardless of the fact that it's very much a labor of love.... So yes, I have consoles and pay for online.

Everything you said is true, and now I miss my 360.
MNC, if you're listening, I miss youuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Or having to wait for jackasses like us to belatedly answer your question while spending more time insulting you.
True.
Bretimus_v2 said:
:lol: I will disagree with you and say that they'll never TRULY be as accurate
Bretimus_v2 said:
Ultimately, if you use a tool enough, you get good at using it.
Although this is very very true.

NickKmet said:
Bretimus_v2 said:

Really? Analog controls have scroll locks. Mice have no such inhibition. You can never be as fast or precise with analog controls as you can with a mouse. It's physically impossible. Then again, that's why they don't let PC users play on the same servers as console users. It's just too hard for me to go to play on a console and actually be able to count off the seconds it takes to turn myself 360 degrees. I guess I'm too used to the lightning fast PC controls.

Citation without context renders citation meaningless. Read the whole damn sentence! There's a reason I didn't separate my clauses and shit.
I said:
Dual analogs can be almost as precise with practice and since everyone's on a level playing field it doesn't make a difference on consoles.

Within the confines of consoles, dual analogs is streets ahead of the single analog controls from the PS1/N64 days. Context, mother fucker! I'm not going to sit here and say that I'm more precise in a comparison between analogs and a mouse. I'm saying that if you take the time to adjust your settings on a console, you can be pretty damn precise. My little brother's headshot counts against me prove that he can aim pretty damn precisely and kill me with a bullet while I pump his chest full of inferior non-head shots.

But once again for clarity and the clear lack of reading comprehension around here. Dual analogs are great on consoles and nowhere near as bad as having to hold an aim button or use the blatant auto-aim programs of the late-90s.

Alright, alright. Let's all calm down and sip a little tea. I honestly don't care what platform you play it on because chances are you probably won't interact with players from the other platforms.

Back to MW3, I don't get why shooters nowadays have to have the "U.S. is being invaded" scenario. Maybe it's just me.

cyberjim2000 said:
Back to MW3, I don't get why shooters nowadays have to have the "U.S. is being invaded" scenario. Maybe it's just me.

Probably because they've done everything else to death. World War 2 has basically run its course for now, at least involving American and British forces. And god knows have many nondescript, fake middle eastern countries I've invaded in the last 5 years. Short of doing ANOTHER game featuring Vietnam (a conflict most Americans don't want to revisit) or the Korean War (a conflict most Americans don't know shit or care about), you're pretty much left with the U.S. being invaded.

I mean, I'd be all for an American Civil War or American Revolutionary War based game, but multiplayer is really going to suck when you have to take 30-60 seconds to reload your gun after every shot.

We can't fight the Chinese cause we wouldn't want to piss them off. I'm surprised we haven't invaded North Korea in the land of video games yet, but then again, that war would be such a joke that a video game would be pointless (I just want to take a second to point out the absurdity of North Korea invading the United States, a la homefront. I mean, really? We all know that could never happen).

So.... minus battling space aliens, not much more to do that make ourselves feel all victimized.

Oh, I forgot about Africa. Oh wait, doesn't matter anyways.

Besides the Africans prefer their battles take place on the high seas.

What's Somalian for "ARRRRRR!!!!"?
23414773.jpg

NickKmet said:
So.... minus battling space aliens, not much more to do that make ourselves feel all victimized.

There's the new X-Com reboot.

Anyways, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that Korea invading America is absurd in Homefront. It looks like it's hard to do.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Besides the Africans prefer their battles take place on the high seas.

What's Somalian for "ARRRRRR!!!!"?
23414773.jpg

Call of Duty: Pirate Warfare?

cyberjim2000 said:
Read something somewhere that said it has to do with 9/11 and the desire Americans have to defend their homeland... that's why there have been so many games based in New York.

danielrbischoff said:
cyberjim2000 said:
Read something somewhere that said it has to do with 9/11 and the desire Americans have to defend their homeland... that's why there have been so many games based in New York.

Isn't that....just...like...assumed by now?

Because we've already been to Germany and Russia.

Call me crazy, but I'd like to play as the Russians.

My MW 3 predictions?

Short, over the top, unrealistic campaign.
Unevolved gameplay.
Too few players allowed in MP.
PC gamers get a game built with consoles in mind.

So yeah. We'll get MW2 and Black Ops packaged as MW3 and it will sell like hot cakes.

Lethean said:
My MW 3 predictions?

Unevolved gameplay.

So yeah. We'll get MW2 and Black Ops packaged as MW3 and it will sell like hot cakes.

Yes, because standing on a walkway with hundreds of soldiers rushing at you is realistic. Let's not forget earthquakes.

TheJx4 said:
Lethean said:
My MW 3 predictions?

Unevolved gameplay.

Yes, because standing on a walkway with hundreds of soldiers rushing at you is realistic. Let's not forget earthquakes.

And crazy snowmobile riding. Now we need crazy snowmobile riding across a bridge, shooting hundreds of soldiers WHILE AN EARTHQUAKE IS HAPPENING! OH MY GOD MY BRAIN HAD AN ORGASM OF AWESOMENESS!!!

I hope you read my comment as saying *unrealistic*.

Lethean said:
TheJx4 said:
Lethean said:
My MW 3 predictions?

Unevolved gameplay.

And crazy snowmobile riding. Now we need crazy snowmobile riding across a bridge, shooting hundreds of soldiers WHILE AN EARTHQUAKE IS HAPPENING! OH MY GOD MY BRAIN HAD AN ORGASM OF AWESOMENESS!!!

I hope you read my comment as saying *unrealistic*.

Yes, but I was referencing Battlefield 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod