Modern Warfare 3 speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJx4

Rookie
So, it looks like Killstreaks have devolved back into Point Streaks ala United Offensive/CoD3

Another possibility is that there are both Killstreaks AND Pointstreaks. Which would make sense because Bowling is always talking about giving the objective player more tools to perform better.

and....you can now scroll through your Kill/Point Streaks.
original.png

The minimap is a lot more detailed. In fact, it looks like birds eye view/ layout art. The UI in the lower right corner is cluttered as fuck.

TheJx4 said:
Fuck. Finally.

I'm at a point where yeah, I'll probably pick up MW3, but I know I'm going to spend A LOT more time with Battlefield 3. I hate myself for it but I do like shooters a lot and BF3/MW3 is eating a cake with a pie on top of it.

also ice cream.... every flavor you love.

danielrbischoff said:
TheJx4 said:
f***. Finally.

I'm at a point where yeah, I'll probably pick up MW3, but I know I'm going to spend A LOT more time with Battlefield 3. I hate myself for it but I do like shooters a lot and BF3/MW3 is eating a cake with a pie on top of it.

also ice cream.... every flavor you love.

It's pretty much the other way around for me. I will probably pick up BF3, but I'll spend a lot more time with MW3. Despite having a lot of multiplayer games, I'm not too fond of online multiplayer as a redeeming value.

Call of Duty offers a lot more variety when it comes to modes. I don't plan on playing MW3 MP that much, so BF3 can fill that void until UC3.

Also, I'm pretty much leaning towards killstreaks being removed completely. That meter on the side couldn't possibly be a kill counter. If looks like it fills with every action, instead of every kill.

TheJx4 said:
Also, I'm pretty much leaning towards killstreaks being removed completely. That meter on the side couldn't possibly be a kill counter. If looks like it fills with every action, instead of every kill.
That'd be nice. The highest streak I've EVER hit was 18, but I'm still the highest scorer on the team more often than not.

danielrbischoff said:
TheJx4 said:
That'd be nice. The highest streak I've EVER hit was 18, but I'm still the highest scorer on the team more often than not.

20 for me. but not on MW2, I could never stay alive long enough. I prefer the less hectic style of Black Ops.

Do you play on PC?

TheJx4 said:
danielrbischoff said:
TheJx4 said:

20 for me. but not on MW2, I could never stay alive long enough. I prefer the less hectic style of Black Ops.

Do you play on PC?
No, I don't have a PC capable of MW2 and up. I could probably CoD 4. I normally buy CoD on Xbox 360 and I'm currently planning on getting BF3 on PS3 (if I can't build my computer soon enough).

danielrbischoff said:
TheJx4 said:
danielrbischoff said:
TheJx4 said:

Do you play on PC?
No, I don't have a PC capable of MW2 and up. I could probably CoD 4. I normally buy CoD on Xbox 360 and I'm currently planning on getting BF3 on PS3 (if I can't build my computer soon enough).

Wait, so you pay for Live and the map packs? O_O

I love free PSN too but shit sux. Worst matchmaking ever, horrible OS, friends, community, interaction. Just terrible compared to Xbox live and even worse when compared to PC.

The problem with PC, despite it's extremely high quality player interaction and matchmaking and all, is it's inaccessible to newcomers. Thats why Infinity Ward said no dedicated servers in MW2.

As much as you guys deride me for paying for live (or paying for PS+ which I do), you have to understand that there's a value to it all to someone and that means there's a market...

Not to mention that this job, having those services, being able to review games with online components, playing in PS+ betas etc pays my bills, my rent, puts food on my table, regardless of the fact that it's very much a labor of love.... So yes, I have consoles and pay for online.

I love my PS3.

Consoles still suck for anything that isn't a 3rd person action adventure. My PC is right in between horse shit and good, due to being a modified prebuilt. If it wasn't, I'd get pretty much everything I can on it. Oh, and Steam disagrees with my internet. That's my only other problem with it.

But I play my PS3 more than anything else, really, due to this disagreement. And my 360 isn't HDMI due to being older, so that's out too.

And xbox live is good, but it's not worth the price you pay for it at all. I payed 2 bucks for 2 months. That's all I'll need.

danielrbischoff said:
The problem with PC, despite it's extremely high quality player interaction and matchmaking and all, is it's inaccessible to newcomers. Thats why Infinity Ward said no dedicated servers in MW2.

I really wish that they would have matchmaking and dedicated servers. Not necessarily a hybrid system, but just the option of both.

Longo_2_guns said:
Consoles still suck for anything that isn't a 3rd person action adventure.

This. I'll never understand why anyone would want to play an FPS on a console over a PC. It just doesn't make sense. The only game I've ever played on a console that wasn't a sports/racing game where I was able to pick up the game, figure out the controls in a few minutes, and not need hours to perfect the feel was GoW. Why? 3rd person and over the shoulder. That's the only thing that makes sense with a controller utilizing analog sticks. There's a reason my xbox 360 control for PC is only used for sports and racing games.

I was tempted to use it for Assassin's Creed, but I was already used to the PC controls and didn't want to deal with the switch.

NickKmet said:
I really wish that they would have matchmaking and dedicated servers. Not necessarily a hybrid system, but just the option of both.
I suspect thats what they'll do after Black Ops went back to dedicated servers.

I want a non console, sorry, non-xbox360 restricted player count of 18. If that's the max, I'm waiting until 2015 to get it, if at all.

And the campaign will be....2 hours. that's it. And everyone dies, nuclear winter, prequel to Metro 2033, because the writers are all hacks.

I agree with Dan. PC can be a pain in the ass for someone new to PC gaming. And nothing sucks as much as having something go wrong and having to sweep through google searches and message boards. Or having to wait for jackasses like us to belatedly answer your question while spending more time insulting you.

Also, I've been playing a lot of TF2 and I have to say: I like the mouse and keyboard (although I have some problems with quick switching back/forth), but I wouldn't say we're going exclusive. Dual analogs can be almost as precise with practice and since everyone's on a level playing field it doesn't make a difference on consoles. Plus, I've sunk 10 years into the control design with Sony. Ultimately, if you use a tool enough, you get good at using it. That's what seperates us and the apes from all them lower, non-tool-using animals. Suckers. So, pick your weapon: keyboard and mouse, Xbox controller, Dualshock, Wiimote, foam sword. Find a group of like-minded individuals and play to your heart's content.

I skipped out on BOps and I might check in for MW3, but I just could care less really. It looks like they're doing some good things up front. Things that should've been corrected in MW2. I just really hope that the balancing gets done and that they will patch any BS that players figure out (I'm looking at you, One Man Army-GL turds).

I remembered one of the reasons why a person would pick console over a PC for FPS games is because they want to sit on a couch and not a computer chair. Seriously, what kind of computer chairs do they have? I'm using a chair from a dining table for a computer chair and now I can sit anywhere I want.

I don't get why they have a folding machine gun in MW3. It's not like in multiplayer you're hanging out in Starbucks sipping a frappuccino then a couple of dudes comes in and *BAM* surprise machine gun.

cyberjim2000 said:
I don't get why they have a folding machine gun in MW3. It's not like in multiplayer you're hanging out in Starbucks sipping a frappuccino then a couple of dudes comes in and *BAM* surprise machine gun.

Two words: perfect, dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod