Mixed drinks

Wes

Rookie
Anyone have any good mixed drinks ideas? I want to start making some nice cocktails to impress the girlfriend so any ideas would be useful.

So far I've mastered a couple.

Café Con Jose
-Fill a shaker with crushed ice.
-Add 2 oz Silver Tequila (Jose Cuervo Tequila is recommended)
-Add 1 oz of condensed milk
-Add 2 oz of brewed medium-roast coffee chilled.
-Shake well.
-Pour into short, round glasses and garnish with orange zest or kumquat

Ocean Drive Mojito
-Cut 1 lime into 4 segments
-Place lime pieces in a tall glass with 1 teaspoon sugar
-Muddle to release juices
-Clap 12 fresh mint leaves between hands and drop into glass (do not muddle mint)
-Fill glass with crushed ice
-Add 1 oz Rum (Bacardi Superior recommended) and 1 oz Blue Curacao Liqueur.
-Using a spoon free up lime segments at base of glass and stir to dissolve sugar.
-Fill with soda water.
-Garnish with blueberries and mint

Key Lime Mule
-Rub rim of mule glass with a lime wedge
-Roll glass edge on a plate of crushed graham cracker crumbs
-Fill a shaker with ice.
-Add two scoops key lime sorbet
-Add 1 oz Vodka
-Shake until sorbet turns into liquid
-Add 2 more scoops of key lime sorbet into your glass
-Pour vodka/key lime mixture over sorbet into glass
-Add 2 oz ginger beer
-Garnish with slice of lime.

Haha Jesus, fancy shit.

Well, I know a White Russian is like an awesome flavoured alcohol milkshake:

Quarter Vodka
Quarter Kahlua
Fill it up with milk!

Or alter the alchy contents to your desire if you don't want to floor the lady.

Yeah I pretty much had the same reaction as Matt. LOL.

I keep it simple. Jack Daniels and Coke or if you want to be fancy Captain Morgan and Coke; it tastes like vanilla coke!

And a good fruity drink for the ladies is Absoulte Raspberry Vodka mixed with Brisk lemonade. I came across this one as a surprise when she brought over raspberry vodka and since I hadn't gone shopping I had nothing to mix it with, so I borrowed my roommates carton of Brisk lemonade. It was yummy!

Uh... won't be able to help ya, but damn Wes those are some fancy drinks.

I expect nothing less from the man who's avatar is the great Cosmo Kramer. :p

Well my drinks were for your benefit guys. If you see one you like try them out and when you invite a lady to your place and make her that drink you'll seal the deal ;)

I don't need any recommendations so extravagant I just want some new ideas be they simple or complex.

My favorite mixed drink, simple and sweet:

Kamikaze_Recipe.jpg

I don't do mixed drinks very often... hell, nowadays I don't drink much anyway. When I do drink, I usually just have a couple of light beers.

If I drink heavier and drink something that isn't beer, I usually get a shot or two of Southern Comfort mixed with Sprite (lemonade, whatever), then add ice and a slice of lemon.

Don't laugh at me. Stop it. :p

Wes said:
Well my drinks were for your benefit guys. If you see one you like try them out and when you invite a lady to your place and make her that drink you'll seal the deal ;)

I don't need any recommendations so extravagant I just want some new ideas be they simple or complex.

Pretty sure if you get a lady over to your place alone any kind of drinks will seal the deal.

As for me, Vodka/Cranberry always. That's as creative as I care to get with alcohol.

Sometimes when there's not enough punch packets of the same flavor, I mix two or three different ones.

A Mexican place in Texas had the best mixed drink I've ever had. It was a frozen margarita with sangria mixed in. I had probably 3 more than I should have.

Went to a work party and one of my coworkers showed off his 5 years or bar tending experience. Wow, talk about involved.

I have a feeling Lethean and used44 will be able to add to this.

Wes said:
My girl drinks straight whiskey. It's pretty great.

Though I drink straight rum. It works out well.

I like a White Russian here and there, but I usually have my glass of vodka strait with no ice.

My favorite simple cocktail is brandy and ginger ale over lots of ice with a few pieces of lemon peel.

Good luck with your lady winkwinkwink

Irish car bomb. Im to lazy to post the ngredients. Its delicious though taste like a milkshake. You have to drink it all at once though as it will curdle.

I don't know if this drink has a name, but if you mix ginger ale with spiced rum (Captain Morgan if you live in a dorm room, something like Mt. Gay if you want to impress and don't snicker) it tastes like cream soda.

Ever had a dark and stormy? This is a strong tasting drink that'll put hair on your nose. You mix a black rum, like Gosling's Black Seal, with ginger beer and then you convulse as it's going down (but in a good way).

Rum is my second least-favorite of the major liquors, but you can make some pretty tasty mixed drank with it.

I used to be quite the mixer back in the day when i was younger i mixed every fountain pop at the pop machine

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle