Make it a Blockbuster night

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
What's a game that you rented/borrowed over and over but never owned?

My brother and I rented way way more than we bought, but one game that I can recall repeatedly renting was Vigilante 8 for the PSX.

602029-vigilante-8-playstation-screenshot-playing-2-player-split.jpg

The best split-screen, man.

Independence Day. I kept that game forever. I think Twisted Metal was another one of em. And Tekken. I think it was Tekken. Might have been Virtua Fighter.

I actually bought most of the games ive rented since Blockbuster went out of business.

One I still need to get is Battletanx for the Nintendo 64. Always a good one!

My first play through of MGS was from a copy I rented at Blockbuster. But since I was working there at the time I just rented it for two weeks.

I remember my first experience with a PS2 and MGS 2 as well as GTA 3 all rented from blockbuster, for just a mere weekend. My god what a weekend though, I have never been so taken back by a game console and those 2 games. For that Blockbuster remains dear to my heart. Of course there was many other fond memories back in the 16-bit era for me to, but just opening that slick black briefcase with a shiny new PS2 inside was just an incredible feeling that will never happen again EVER. Then I took it back a day late hehehe.

I had the "rent a game for as long as you want for 10 bucks a month" thing when I was in High School, and so when GTA:SA came out I rented it... for three months. And then I bought it three times.

Also, on an unrelated note, my PS2 ate disks and so I would constantly rent games that I owned (that were scratched up) and replace them with the Blockbuster copy. My Blockbuster was fairly new, so the games were all in good shape there.

Longo_2_guns said:
I had the "rent a game for as long as you want for 10 bucks a month" thing when I was in High School, and so when GTA:SA came out I rented it... for three months. And then I bought it three times.

Also, on an unrelated note, my PS2 ate disks and so I would constantly rent games that I owned (that were scratched up) and replace them with the Blockbuster copy. My Blockbuster was fairly new, so the games were all in good shape there.

Oh man I'm so guilty also of replacing shit discs with the good ones from blockbuster LOL. That must be the reason they went bankrupt! :O

I don't think I ever rented a game more than twice. I used to rent them for the SNES, PSone and PS2, mostly from Hollywood Video.

Only games I ever rented were Vigilante 8, Simpsons Hit & Run and Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, all from Blockbuster. Ended up buying the last two eventually.

I only started renting from Blockbuster when Hollywood Video's game selection went to shit, which didn't take long at all. Also, Blockbuster had GBA games which was awesome when I got that handheld and only had Chu Chu Rocket for the first few months.

I remember renting a lot of games for Gamecube. Loads of them. We bought a few we really liked but I played XIII, Cel Damage, all the James Bond games, and a lot more from rentals. I remember renting a lot of the first-party nintendo games for GameCube and Nintendo 64 and then deciding if I wanted to buy them after that.

Has anyone tried Redbox? They never seem to have games I actually want to play....

When I worked at Blockbuster we had a resurfaces that paid its weight in gold, unless the actual foil was damaged most scratches buffed out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle