Humble Bundle V

Rakon

Rookie
Not sure if there was a topic for this (seeing as I've been gone for a couple of months), but I wanted to bring up the extreme awesomeness that is/was the Humble Bundle V.

For those who don't know, humblebundle.com had a deal where you could pay whatever you wanted for 5 indie games, with the money going to the developers and one of two charities. You could split the money any way you'd like, and if you paid more than the average (which when I bought it was just under eight dollars), you got Bastion. What's even sweeter is that after I had bought it, they made the bundle even better by adding 3 more games (including Braid and Super Meat Boy). Here's the list of games (and their soundtracks) that I got for under eight dollars (The games are PC/Mac/Linux):

Limbo
Braid
Bastion
Lone Survivor
Super Meat Boy
Sword and Sorcery
Amnesia: The Dark Descent

and last, but certainly not least, Psychonauts

I just finished playing Limbo (which blew me away). Who else got this incredible deal? I think this is an incredible step forward in getting games to the masses. We saw an example with the whole Double Fine Kickstarter, and now this. I think it's an extremely positive direction.

Thoughts?

P.S: Play Psychonauts, it's one of the best platformers out there.

Man, you have to give at least $20 for that. Awesome lineup, if you didn't own any of it already.

Wait what? Is this still happenning??? Dude! Why were you away and not making this thread when it happened! lol Stop having a life and tell me these things! I can't count on myself to find these things out. :p

I really want to play Limbo, I tried the demo and it was awesome. Also Psychonauts and Amnesia are two games I want to play.

This sounded like it was right up my alley. Stop making me jealous!

sad_face-600x450.jpg

...There are now three threads about Humble Bundle V?? And some of you still didn't notice? Haha. Suckers.

Good job on picking that up, Rakon. I got the bundle, because I'm cool like that. A bunch of us (who were paying attention!) did. There are a few other sites/organizations that do similar things. We should collect, collate, sticky.

...I can't remember the name/location of any of them right now. :)

I actually had to search the forums for "Humble Bundle" to see what the hell you people are talking about. The PC forum! FACK! I need to visit that forum more than once a year

WickedLiquid said:
I actually had to search the forums for "Humble Bundle" to see what the hell you people are talking about. The PC forum! FACK! I need to visit that forum more than once a year

Does nobody else use the "posts since last visit" button like I do? Because that's how I find all the new threads.

I just visit all forums with new threads because sometimes people post crazy things. Also, it'll bother me if I don't. I'll start twitching and clawing at the screen or something.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle