Madden NFL 12

used44 said:
daverabbit said:
How did I miss that grantland.com piece? I'm on there like every day

It was the first Grantland Network podcast. Find it on iTunes or whatever.

Oh ok, I thought they might have done a full blown out review of it like they did last year when they got early review copies of the game.

Grantland has only been online since June. But I'm sure you mean something else. And this was a review, sorta. Bull's friend Gus (an ESPN producer) got an advanced copy and was explaining the game, as well as discussing sports video games in general.

Bretimus_v2 said:
I hate developing greatness and realizing it graduates the next year.

I prefer NCAA franchise to Madden for that very reason. Its far to easy to construct a dominating team on Madden, even if your not really trying. The progression is just screwed. You win a couple games, guys go up in ranking, and they just keep going up. So do the guys sitting the bench.

I almost always end up with Madden franchises at the point I'm in the Super Bowl every year, trade my first round pick for a gang of 2-5's, and just have a never ending development cycle, turning out 99 ranked players that I'm paying rock bottom prices for.

With NCAA, even though the recruiting can get tedious, if you don't do it right, your team will sink. The only thing I dislike about the NCAA is it is near impossible to end one game and just start up another. It'll absolutely sink your team, and then you wind up playing in the New Mexico Bowl or some shit.

They've also done a great job the past few years in seriously retarding Madden. Its fast becoming nigh impossible to run the ball properly, or end the game with any kind of realistic stats. Its becoming pass, pass, pass. And that just really grinds my gears.

I completely agree with stickygreen man,

Running has ALWAYS been my favorite thing to do in football games and I've gotten pretty good at it. I loved the whole 3 player co-op thing, where you could pick a position, I always locked into RB. lol. But I totally agree that running has gotten harder and harder. They have totally nerfed the jukes (now i don't want the insane juke across the field jukes of madden 02) but I'd like something. And it seems no matter what move you do you get tackled...no matter how fast your RB is, he will get caught by a freaking linebacker...its just no fun. I'm stuck passing way more than I'd like and it's left me unhappy.

StickyGreenGamer said:
I'm trying to load a picture I took from Madden 08. When I beat the computer, on All-Madden, 98-0. With the Lions.

I said I would and I have.

8433_192060368975_795488975_3931018_1439077_n.jpg

The online head-to-head play is still so frustratingly laggy. I thought NCAA had it bad but Madden is almost unplayable. I can't understand how there is a community that plays mostly online. My Internet is good too.

Why can't sports games ever get that right.

I see we did it in a similar way Ting. I had 11 interceptions of the other team, returned every one for a touchdown or within striking distance.

I think I dropped 116+ on an FCS team on NCAA 10 once, no screenshots though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod