Let's play a new game!

Mod-Chip

Rookie
I know it was suggested in the previous Mafia thread that we should try a new game. Any ideas? Suggestions?

I'm sure there has to be another turn based web-game out there...

Games are a great way to interact without delving into the sticky-wicket of partisan politics and ill-informed spiritual blabber. :roll:

-BBK

Awww... i was gonna suggest a DnD look alike game... *puts his dungeon master hat down*

Survivor was great, but I don't recall the exact ruleset. GhostTrip had it running perfectly.

Yeah, I dont really remember either.

I'll be honest, I'd prefer the DnD game to the movie one! I'm no movie buff either...apart from Jim Carrey films - I'd school you bad boys in that topic.

MattAY said:
I'll be honest, I'd prefer the DnD game to the movie one! I'm no movie buff either...apart from Jim Carrey films - I'd school you bad boys in that topic.

But Jeremy Irons! He was the only good thing about the movie!

Mod-Chip said:
I liked survivor!

The only problem with Trivia games is Google.

Which is why pictures is the only way to go. Using quotes or asking questions is just everyone googling it up.

Ok, I'll do the Trivia. You know we can do more than just one game so if anyone wants to take a crack at Survivor I'm game.

How about something where everyone is involved with Corporations and the game centers around Special Forces/Mercenaries & Espionage? We could have 2 or 3 people who write the sequences for the story, but it's "player-driven" so to speak. Ugh may hire Urban to infiltrate a facility run by Dan, but Dan may have got to Urban first. Which could lead to all types of nonsense.

Just need an end game. I haven't really thought of anything yet.

TheJx4 said:
How about something where everyone is involved with Corporations and the game centers around Special Forces/Mercenaries & Espionage? We could have 2 or 3 people who write the sequences for the story, but it's "player-driven" so to speak. Ugh may hire Urban to infiltrate a facility run by Dan, but Dan may have got to Urban first. Which could lead to all types of nonsense.

I like the way you think. I think, if we were to have a Survivor-esque scenario, it would be a free-for-all type game where alliances would be tedious and easily broken, and the main goal would be to gather points/cities/tokens for the destruction of another player's property or something.

Mod-Chip said:
TheJx4 said:

I like the way you think. I think, if we were to have a Survivor-esque scenario, it would be a free-for-all type game where alliances would be tedious and easily broken, and the main goal would be to gather points/cities/tokens for the destruction of another player's property or something.

And inbetween the days the game progresses, everyone has a chance to make their alliances with other players. I think the goal should be to acquire special tech. Just thinking out loud.

TheJx4 said:
Mod-Chip said:
TheJx4 said:

And inbetween the days the game progresses, everyone has a chance to make their alliances with other players. I think the goal should be to acquire special tech. Just thinking out loud.

...go on..

Let's say I own a Corporation...

Every two days is an "Event Day" which is when other players are allowed to make moves, or certain things about players are revealed.

On a day before an Event, I enlist a group of Spies to infiltrate...a factory owned by Bret to recover vital information which he stole from me. (Because all the cool stuff is referred to as vital information, right?) I have to report this move to whoever is in charge of the game/story, and inform him of what my plans are.

On the day of the event, my move is posted but it is revealed that it was all a setup, and I have an alliance with Bret. Because somehow (can't be bothered to think of a good reason) I knew the Spies were recently cooperating with one of my rivals. Let's call him Dan.

Dan loses Intel points
.........yeah this is overly complicated.

NAME THAT MOVIE!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod