Last Shuttle Launch

The Last Shuttle Launch was amazing, wasn't it? Did you like the bit where it sort of flared a bit, you know, kind of... lifted? Spectacular. I'm listening to it over and over on the news, too. This is great.

YouTube clips!

It is kind of amazing that the shuttle program is changing now. I hope that it is for the better for the space program, and whatever happens in the future it will be a fruitful endeavor for all of manking as we inch closer to finding Mass Effect relays.

LinksOcarina said:
. I hope that it is for the better for the space program,.

i cant see it being anything else, they're just going to have to come up with something bigger and better. well not necessarily bigger, as that usually isn't the case, it's just what people say when something gets better damnit.

which is kind of ironic, since usually anything that is better tends to get smaller, at least when dealing with advanced technology...

amirite?

they're just going to come up with something smaller and better!

danielrbischoff said:
What I wonder is, why a wimpy little dinky space station? Where THE f*** IS MY MOON BASE?!?!
Yeah this too, why hasn't more funding been put into space programs?

The Earth IS doomed. We know for a fact that in the future the Earth is going to be fucked and we'll need to go somewhere else.
That simply won't happen with current technology, or even technology in 50 years with the rate at which we're progressing.
And i'm not just talking about the planet itself going bad. The Earth can realistically only support another ~5billion ish more people before shit goes horribly wrong. That's around 2080 at current growth levels.

If i was a multi-billionaire, you can be sure that i'd be trying fairly hard to get a small base set up on the moon.
After all, can you imagine how much people would pay to stay on the moon for 3 days or so?
You'd end up making your money back after a few years if you priced it right, and you have the bonus of being able to claim that you have a fucking BASE on the MOON. Come at me bro!
Oh, and helping the advancement of the human race. That too.

madster111 said:
You'd end up making your money back after a few years if you priced it right, and you have the bonus of being able to claim that you have a fucking BASE on the MOON. Come at me bro!
Oh, and helping the advancement of the human race. That too.
Yes, all of this... and yeah helping the human race is cool too... I guess.

Well, Carl Sagan may be a simpleton and all but he was on to something with his idea of colonizing other planets and harvesting resources from them....We're going to have to.

Kind of bummed about this whole last shuttle launch business. Although NASA is working on sending humans to Mars. I say try to visit other galaxies. Yep. Mass Effect style.

Okay, strike out the last sentence as it was only a joke.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod