Jimmy Kimmel on YouTube Gaming

UghRochester

https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester
Jimmy Kimmel and his fan base are showing their age. Think about it - how much did the parents REALLY "get" video games? The world is largely still pong, pacman, and quarter arcades to him.

He also chooses to call out comments that don't make the best cases - everyone does this though, you want to make the people criticizing you seem like idiots.

I'd say just ignore him, its a slow news week since all the politicians haven't been eating their shoes recently.

So the guy whose job depends on people watching television is calling people who use the internet for entertainment stupid?

Green_Lantern said:
To be fair, watching streams is really dumb.

See This:

213EDD said:
So the guy whose job depends on people watching television is calling people who use the internet for entertainment stupid?

-- Its just another way to consume content you're interested in. These TV guys will downplay their dwindling legitimacy until their 'shows' are also available live online.

Jimmy Kimmel stands up and tells an audience about events they could've experienced themselves or read about. They go to him because he is a personality that shares their views and he's entertaining while he does it.

Streaming is no different.

No one will debate the value of a CS:GO, Dota, or League Championship, but i think they're asking why the normal person streams and why you watch normal people stream.. Its the same logic as asking why watch Kimmel vs. Conan vs. Jimmy Fallon vs. Colbert.

In games at least you're learning about your hobby, with the late night talk shows all they do is criticize and interview pop culture celebrities.. Lets have a legitimate argument about whats generating more value here.

These TV people see the writing on the wall, especially with the growth of Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu original content. We are just witnessing the death throws of lashing out at gamers since this medium is soooo easy to ridicule and critique.

Let him have his comments and his laughs... His era is at an end.
bored_king_with_a_smile_for_no_reason__by_olivierrol-d72r5rk.jpg

Haha to be fair, those comment sections were funny.

He's got a point, I am a moron. But it's more the people than the games I enjoy watching.

I also disliked he used Pewdiepie's money he generates a point saying how big it is, but doesn't tell the audience what he did with the money. His comedy skit was terrible and insulted the video game and broadcasting industry without having a chance to see what others see.

I haven't watched the skit, I ignored it, but I've heard a lot of people talking about.

I agree with most folk. Honestly, people watching stuff on YouTube (like streamers and let's play videos) is no different to people watching Jimmy Kimmel, let alone any other TV show. I have a lot of friends who watch heaps of TV shows like Arrow, The Flash, Game of Thrones, Dare Devil etc. I personally hardly ever watch TV nowadays, because I'm playing video games instead! That's how I choose to use my time, that is what I find entertaining. To tell you the truth, I get easily distracted when watching stuff and I find I need "breaks", as silly as that sounds. Yet I can binge and marathon games. Weird huh?

I don't really watch let's play videos anymore (I used to) but I see nothing wrong with it and really, it's not worth making fun over and I can see why people may be offended. Understandably, the comments that Kimmel calls out are the really dumb ones, because sometimes on the Internet, people really do say some dumb shit. In saying that, there were some very intelligent comments that pretty much shoot down Kimmel, making him look an ignorant tool, but of course Kimmel's show won't show those comments. Can't make fun of those. :p

I agree with Ugh, I think it's quite wrong that Kimmel will go on about how much someone like Pewdiepie earns through YouTube, but he fails to tell the audience what Pewdiepie does with the money. I guess he doesn't because the answer won't be funny. Furthermore, these streamers who make an income off YouTube, it is a bit of work to make these videos! You've gotta record, edit and upload the videos. People think that's piss easy, but if you're pumping out content on a regular basis, content that's of high quality... it takes a lot of time!

On the flip side, I also agree with Urban - it may sound hypocritical of me to say considering what I just said but just ignore it. Do what you enjoy regardless of what others say, especially when they don't have a clue.

Hater's gon' hate.

Who cares. Seriously. He was insulted the community so it tells him to get cancer. Grow the fuck up or at least be funny on purpose like he is...occasionally.

Well, I think he understands some what. I guess he sees some form of entertainment from that one example shown by MissesMae, who I have no idea who she is. It would have been better if they let him used the Oculus Rift and that Minecrafter Roller coaster before watching MissesMae's video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtZgpEqfoaI

Console Gaming, and non-competitve console gaming is only a fraction of the streaming community..

No speedruns, no charity, no Twitch plays, no LoL/Dota/CS championships mention - not even any clips of how massively these events are attended and the technology spinning off form these events, but what do expect out of an 8 minute segment... this is why online will trump TV in the very near future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVijgcPQIXE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle