Jack Thompson is at it again!

I recently spoke to a doctor. I saw him on television where the hosts were talking about the mentally ill and gun violence. The news anchor made a comment about how we cant have these crazy people owning a gun.

He replied "The propensity for violence between healthy and ill people is the same and sometimes is even greater in those normally healthy."

I trust his word as a doctor over the average uneducated person.

Video games don't cause violence, Neither does owning a gun. How we choose to treat each other is the main cause of violence.

You know, i used to hate him, until i realized he was just a sad, lonely idiot trying to get attention, like a child throwing a tantrum.

Now if you'll excuse me, i have to go practice my shooting skills in BF3, that high school isn't gonna shoot itself up you know.

He's going to blow a gasket when he hears about what happened in Connecticut.

He was 20 years old.. What are the odds that he has played some game at somepoint in his life..

..another Halo player ruining life for the rest of us :roll:

I do enjoy that they list that he's a disbarred lawyer. If anyone reads this and says "This man is a disbarred lawyer, that means that at one point he was smart so I should listen to him", then you deserve to be stupid.

Urban, I think the important thing there is that, in the first link, their point was NOT that violent video games cause violent behaviour, but rather that they may contribute to the larger problem of feeling disconnected from society, people, and reality. In fact, the clip in the Kotaku link doesn't even specify violent video games, but video games as a whole. The article title is misleading.

As for the second link, that's one of the problems with people wanting to be so hasty to judge and act and rectify. Also, what happened on facebook was just fucking stupid and irresponsible, obviously, and makes me hate people. I quite like the comment, "Complete idiots! We might as well shave our heads because he had hair!" Spot on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle