How about those queers getting married?

Longo_2_guns said:
Yeah, so there was a medical emergency in my family and I'm not going to Japan anymore. Shit completely sucks. I doubt you guys care, but still.
We care.

What happened bro?
Hope it's not too serious.

On a completely unrelated, but related topic;
60% of Australians support gay marriage according to a recent poll, but neither of the parties we have to vote for support it.

I fucking hate my government. Nobody in Australia wants to vote for either of those fucking dickheads, but we have to pick one of them.
Neither of them are good, so we're being forced to vote for the one that is less of a cunt than the other.

Alright, here's the long story:

My mom is a major alcoholic and whatnot, and has been forever, and she had pretty much reached rock bottom. It took a lot of talking, but she finally agreed to go to rehab. So while she was going to be there, me and my dad had vacation time to use and we agreed to go to Japan.

Well, while in rehab she fell over and fucked up her ankle, which meant that I actually had to go all the way to the rehab place yesterday (a 3 hour drive each direction, totaling 6 hours) and bring her home. We still planned to go, and just to leave her at home for a week. She couldn't drive, my sister would come check up on her when she could, and there was no alcohol or anything, so we figured it would work.

Well, today she had a seizure due to alcohol withdrawal, and another one is highly likely, so that totally fucks up our plans. She's stable now, but still we can't fucking leave her by herself. Sadly, this is FAR from the first time she has managed to do something to fuck up our lives, and is just one of the many, many pages from the last few years.

So yeah. Hate to dump all this shit on you guys but you asked for it kinda. Me and my dad are currently looking for some other time we can go.

Honestly, it would almost be a good thing if she died. She's been a huge fucking burden on the whole family for the last few years, and if it wasn't for us she'd have died several times over. Plus, she's got all sorts of physical pain and mental problems and everything.

I mean, I love her and want her to get better and everything, but at this point I don't even know if that's possible anymore.

Anyway, I've vented enough on you guys.

Wow. talk about timing. What if you were in Japan and this incident occured say a few days or weeks into your trip, would you have to return back home? If thats the case i think this may have saved you some $$$.

Sorry to hear that, had an unlce who turned his life around at rehab. It was the best thing that could've happened. Just make sure she gets some help and don't worry, Japan will still be there, two nukes couldn't knock 'em off the map.

It's always tough when you have to care about someone who has self-destructed, and tougher still when you love them.

Do what you got to do, man, I am sorry this happened at a bad time, but Japan is always going to be there, your mom might not.

My father spent pretty much his entire life (diagnosed at 17) with a brain tumor and through all the operations, radiation treatments and chemo it took a huge toll on my parents. I once woke up in the middle of the night to get some water (I was 10 or so), came out into the living room and saw paper scattered all over the place with "I WISH I WAS DEAD" scribbled all over them .. with my dad cutting his wrists with keys .. all bloody.

Mom had anorexia and bulimia, was in the hospital in and out for years and got down to 75 lbs once. She also tried killing herself by taking tons of pills. That time I was woken up by my aunt and the paremedics were all in the kitchen trying to revive her.

They both took turns early on in my life in the hospital for months at a time and it fucking sucked. I pretty much didn't have a childhood and my life only really started once I was old enough to start working and get out of the house.

I distanced myself from my parents, I always loved them but I also hated them for a long time because of all the shit I was put through because they couldn't get there lives together. Obviously it's not my dads fault for getting cancer, but they just became souless and careless. They had given up.

Once we found out the cancer was for the most part gone we finally started to get close again for a year or so. Then one day my parents came home and said the tumor was spreading. Within a few weeks he was gone.

My parents broke out of the cycle they were in, be it self mutilation or whatever eating disorders, depression they had. But it took time and a lot of work, lots of trips back to the hospitals and too many nights of me screaming and crying at them when I was young.

Since my dad passed away (almost 5 years ago now), my mother and I have become really close, it's just a shame it took my dad passing away for us to forgive eachother for the past.

Don't give up dude, you gotta keep holding on until it finally clicks in for her, and even if it doesn't go the way you thought it did just knowing you did everything you could to help will make it easier down the road.

My father died when I was 6 from cancer. Seriously.

He had heart bypass surgery when I was 2 and the doctor screwed up during the operation and left a piece of plastic tubing inside him and it developed into cancer. By the time they discovered their screw up it had already spread. Seriously.

Everyone's got a story.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
this thread has gotten depressing. Holy hell. :cry:

Not tryin to be drespessing, just lettin the dude know he ain't alone when it comes to family hardship.

I think your mom should turn gay, those people are always so festive and celebratory.

But on a serious note: Longo, much love and I hope for nothing but the best for you and your family.

And on a topical note: I get not supporting gay marriage, but I don't understand being against it. Refer to Louis C.K for the why. Gay marriage is legal here, and it has no effect on my life in any way. Seriously, stop being a homophobic prick and let people be happy. You're ugly, you're kids are fat, and I hope you get hit by a bus (this is not directed at anyone in particuar, rather just those who are opposed to gay marriage).

^
True story: I went to The Phoenix nightclub with a buddy of mine, expecting to hear some rock tunes. And we walked in hearing this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ypcjgNU1z0

It was then we realised the place was full of gay men. Apparently it was "gay night". What's worse is the stupid lady who collected our cover wouldn't give us a refund.

I didn't get it, I mean gay bars don't have "straight nights" so why have a gay night for a staight club??? Keep that shit outta my clubs damnit!!

But besides that one occurance the gay scene hasn't affected my life, lol.

They had a gay bar in my city for a while ... I was invited to a 'Foam Party' once, never again ... to each there own .. but never again will I attend a Foam Party. And no, it was a lady friend with lady parts what invited me, not a lady friend with man parts .. I swear.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod