Heads up - Netflix coming to Canada this fall.

Longo_2_guns said:
Lethean said:
lokness said:
but that means leaving my computer chair, and even worst going outside.

Or paying 5 bucks a rental.
Except, like I said, if you've got a plan with them it's considerably less per rental. And truth be told you're pretty pathetic if you go outside less than me.

Also, thanks for spamming up the board with your viral marketing.

I truly believe in the value of Netflix...Which I do. All I'm trying to say is it's a great service and one that's helping to put Blockbuster out of business. What are the Blockbuster shipping times like? Like...3 days to get a movie AFTER it's been shipped right? How many titles are included for free in the online streaming? None? Forgot about that.

How much time have you spent using the Netflix service?

Blockbuster shipping times are around 15 minutes. 5 minutes to the store, 5 minutes deciding what movie I want, and 5 minutes to take the movie home.

Maybe if you actually read my post instead of canned viral responses, you'd realize the part I like is the actual physical video store, not the company itself. I don't give two shits about Blockbuster, but it's the video store so it's what I use. Plus, it's easy to steal their movies.

Okay, I'll give you that one but do they have the same selection in store as Netflix has online? Or the streaming? I'll be honest, I'm a little irritated you think I'm making canned viral statements. I'm simply defending a product I like. The fact that I was a paying member for about 2 years before I was employed by Netflix should show that.

Lethean said:
Okay, I'll give you that one but do they have the same selection in store as Netflix has online? Or the streaming? I'll be honest, I'm a little irritated you think I'm making canned viral statements. I'm simply defending a product I like. The fact that I was a paying member for about 2 years before I was employed by Netflix should show that.
They've actually got surprisingly good selection. The only movie I wasn't able to find was Kung Pow, and considering that wasn't a huge movie it's not too surprising.

As for Netflix itself, the idea of an almost unlimited selection is great and all but the fact that I have to wait a couple days before my movie arrives is a bit of a turn off. The streaming is great, but like I said, it's pretty much free on the internet. Now if they had a store or like a hub or something I could go into as well I would use it, but when I'm in the mood for a movie I don't want to wait a few days to see it.

As for the viral stuff, you've said practically the same response every time and you work for Netflix. It just screams viral marketing, since viral has become a popular way to go.

FrozenBacon said:
Don't be fooled by his lies, lethean gets paid 50 bucks for every positive post he makes about netflix.
That's pretty weak.
I thought he would be paid $50 + the $100 for the topic itself.

Longo_2_guns said:
As for the viral stuff, you've said practically the same response every time and you work for Netflix. It just screams viral marketing, since viral has become a popular way to go.

I did not even know what viral marketing was until this year. Truth.

They don't pay me enough to push their product out of a sort of "brand loyalty". If it was shit to me, employed by them or not, I'd tell you I thought so.

Does Netflix do Blu Rays? I might have to consider it if that's the case. (Not that I'm Canadian, I just don't know much about Netflix)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod