Heads up - Netflix coming to Canada this fall.

GRColin

Rookie
Netflix will be expanding into Canada this fall with a streaming only plan offering instant watch to your PC/Mac and you're T.V via a Netflix streaming device.

http://www.netflix.ca will allow you to register your email to be notified when the service is available.

The plan price will be, I believe, 8.99 a month for the unlimited streaming.

Meh, I already stream movies and TV shows online for free. Canada is still waiting for Hulu but there are other sites that make due.

Am I the only one who actually prefers Blockbuster to Netflix? I mean, if I want to watch a movie I'd rather hit up the video store, get a movie I want, and then watch it that night than order it and wait a couple of days for it to arrive.

As for streaming, like Wes said there are other services that already do this for free. A whole bunch of them, in fact. And chances are it'll show up on a movie channel which I can then record for free, watch whenever I want, and keep for as long as I want.

Longo_2_guns said:
Am I the only one who actually prefers Blockbuster to Netflix?.

I haven't rented from Blockbuster in God knows how long. Do Christian extremists still edit their films?

Economically Netflix is the better option than Blockbuster. Especially in the U.S.

Rent an individual movie for say...4 or 5 dollars, rent four a month, spend 20 or pay 8.99 and get about 8-9 by mail plus unlimited streaming. Not to mention Netflix isn't like Vudu where you pay per viewing and you only have 24 hours to watch your selection.

I'm pretty sure Blockbuster has a similar deal where it's about 10-15 bucks a month for whatever two movies you want for as long as you want that you can trade it at any time. I did it a few years back when I was watching more movies, but I started watching movies less at home and more often in the theater, and really if it's a movie I've seen that I liked, I buy it.

Blockbuster is hella expensive. Near where I used to live, there's this place, VideoWorks, and you can rent new movies for half the price of Blockbuster. Or, at least you could, last I was there. But everyone was too obsessed with the big name place to ever know VW existed. Which, you know, was perfectly fine by me. Dollar rentals for a week on their older stock, too. Snazzy.

It's too much of a hassle now to go all the way there for my video needs. So what do I do? That's really the reason why I haven't watched any movies in a long time. I do find that the movie channels are pretty damn good, though. Just PVR that shit.

Anyway, point is: I probably won't care for Netflix. Where the hell is Hulu?

Longo_2_guns said:
I'm pretty sure Blockbuster has a similar deal where it's about 10-15 bucks a month for whatever two movies you want for as long as you want that you can trade it at any time. I did it a few years back when I was watching more movies, but I started watching movies less at home and more often in the theater, and really if it's a movie I've seen that I liked, I buy it.

They do have a DVDs by mail plan but it is a little bit more expensive than Netflix, they have worse of a wait time for their DVDs and the shipping is a lot slower. Not to mention they have no streaming option - Aside from video on demand which costs 2.99-5.99 per viewing,

I find it much easier to simply wait the few hours it takes to torrent a 4gb, 1080p movie.
When a service comes along serving all countries including Australia that will do that for comparatively cheap, count me in.

Lethean said:
They do have a DVDs by mail plan but it is a little bit more expensive than Netflix, they have worse of a wait time for their DVDs and the shipping is a lot slower. Not to mention they have no streaming option - Aside from video on demand which costs 2.99-5.99 per viewing,
Or I could just, you know, stop by the store on my way into town, which takes all of two minutes extra if I know what I want to watch.

lokness said:
but that means leaving my computer chair, and even worst going outside.

Or paying 5 bucks a rental.

And yeah, I do. I was a member before an employee though so I've always liked them.

Netflix...it fills the cold, empty hours.

A Bretimus stamp of approval.
And yes, it beats the crap out of Blockbuster. It's either this or Redbox for me.

Lethean said:
lokness said:
but that means leaving my computer chair, and even worst going outside.

Or paying 5 bucks a rental.
Except, like I said, if you've got a plan with them it's considerably less per rental. And truth be told you're pretty pathetic if you go outside less than me.

Also, thanks for spamming up the board with your viral marketing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod