Happy New Year...or Ugh is now a licensed driver

UghRochester

https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester
The Chinese/Lunar year happened on Thursday. Lien usually posts this, but since he wasn't here I might as well. You know why? It's my year! The year of the Sheep (may be referred as Goat, Ram etc)

Since it's my year, I'm trying to get my driver's license. It's quite hard for me, because I have no vehicle to practice in. I failed Wednesday due to not looking over my shoulder when merging into another lane and making a turn too sharp. I'm determined to get my license on Tuesday.

Ugh is getting his license?

200w.gif

Oh and happy new year Chun Li!!

How old are you ugh? I was driving around when I was 14, 2 years before i legally could. But that might be more of a product of where I'm from...

I'm 23, I wasn't able to attempt to my license at 16. There are many reasons why, but now that my older brother has a license and no job, I'm taking advantage of that time.

Good luck, Ugh. Keep us posted.

I didn't get my license until I was twenty one (I'm twenty seven now). My reason though was simple - just me being lazy.

Here where I live, public transport is pretty bad. Buses are late, taxis are expensive but at the very least traffic isn't that bad at all either and it doesn't take long to drive to places... so driving yourself is essential here.

Before I drove, I used to get around by the bus, taxi's, walking and lifts when I could get 'em. I hated asking for lifts though.

But Ughrochester, how will you record videos of yourself walking to work while protecting the community with your lightsaber?

How does one not get nervous when taking this test? I feel that's my biggest problem and I forget rules of the road due to me being nervous.

UghRochester said:
How does one not get nervous when taking this test? I feel that's my biggest problem and I forget rules of the road due to me being nervous.
Well then, the answer is obvious...

0.jpg

Being nervous is perfectly normal. The only way to not be nervous is to be very confident, which can be a good thing if you've done the work and a lot of practice, but it can also be a bad thing if you're over confident for some reason.

It's honestly expected for people to fail on their first and sometimes their second test. I failed my first test because I also failed a shoulder check, but I passed my second test at least. My driving instructor claimed that 90% of people who go on their first driver's test fail. Well, that's here anyway.

The best thing you can do is just try again. Try to remember where you went wrong last time, remember your mistakes and learn from them. It sucks that you don't have a car to practice in and that does make things harder but man, you only failed because of two things which you can fix. You're very close!

You've already written it down on the forum but... well, it's up to you if you want to do this or not, write down your mistakes in a book. Read them the night before your test, read them to yourself on the day of your test. Read them out a loud to yourself. I know it sounds dumb, but reading stuff out loud helps me in a lot of stuff.

With all that said...

With your shoulder check, remember you must do this every time you want to change lanes. Throw your indicators (or signals) on first to tell other drivers you are wanting to change lanes, shoulder check the direction you want to change lanes, and change lanes only if it is safe and clear to do so.

With that sharp turn of yours, just take it slow, take your time, be patient and be careful. You might be going too fast and trying to slow down too late.

Good luck Ugh. Keep us posted. You're very close, my friend.

Failed again... :cry:
I wasn't nervous. This f*cking instructor realigned the barrels for parallel parking and f*cked me up. Anyways, taking it again tomorrow. This is my 3rd time and that's or else I will have to take the driver's permit test.

Dont syke yourself out dude. Also, don't talk to your instructors other than keeping it cordial with a "good morning" or some shit. They'll appreciate it.

Just do your best. I agree with UrbanMasque on that one, just stick communication with good morning/afternoon and such.

Keep us posted and good luck.

I trained for my drivers license the same way they train secret agents to assemble/disassemble their guns. I did it with a gun to my head, upside-down with my head surrounded by a bag full of water. Make it so that you've trained in such horrible and stressful conditions so that when some dude is sitting there with a clipboard, it literally ain't no thang.

Consensus?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133