GR Gamepost's top 100 favorite games: The Countup Begins

Okay, there's been a delay, I can't update until tomorrow because Curtis is still working on his writeups. I'd rather do this once do this right since it's the final 5, so I'm going to wait.

Wow, FF8 is #1. I have to say, that's a big surprise. But I have to say I like this one a little more than last year's because it's not like any other list. It's like GR has a top 100 to call its own!

^
True dat!

And FF8 at #1 was a huge jaw-dropper but that's always a great thing! As soon as I scrolled down and sae OOT in #4 I thought; damn, there is a new top three!

Wow, didn't expect that.

And let's be honest here, FFVII, Metal Gear Solid, and Ocarina of time will never leave the top 5 will they? Resident Evil 4 will be up there for a while, and im surprised FFVIII took it in the end! I'm glad it did too, although whoever wrote the last paragraph emphasized technical achievement over the story and gameplay.

I am satisfied though, Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, Zelda, Resident Evil and Mario are all in the top spots, which I kind of expected in the end.

What we should do now is the "Worst Game Ever" parody, which should be fun!

LinksOcarina said:
Wow, didn't expect that.

And let's be honest here, FFVII, Metal Gear Solid, and Ocarina of time will never leave the top 5 will they? Resident Evil 4 will be up there for a while, and im surprised FFVIII took it in the end! I'm glad it did too, although whoever wrote the last paragraph emphasized technical achievement over the story and gameplay.

I am satisfied though, Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, Zelda, Resident Evil and Mario are all in the top spots, which I kind of expected in the end.

I wrote that, it was kinda meant to mean 'on top' of the gameplay and story aspects I listed above it.

The_Joker said:
LinksOcarina said:
Wow, didn't expect that.

I wrote that, it was kinda meant to mean 'on top' of the gameplay and story aspects I listed above it.

Ok, sorry Joker, I guess I read it wrong.

Well, that top 5 was a surprise!

Not the FFVII, Zelda: OoT or MGS ones, but the other two were really surprising!

SH2 only made it to #9, Silent Hill didn't even make the top 10, and RE4 is #5.
Wow. A lot of people either A. don't know what they're missing, or B. have bad taste ;)

LOL, I get angry with a lot of fanboys posts, but for some reason MC, yours always makes me laugh.

You should play RE4 though man, just to see what all the hype was about. I love Silent Hill to but when I got my hands on RE4, it was an adrenaline pumping rush! I'm a little surprised to see it in the top five but I knew it was going to be in the top ten.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod